New Miller 330 A/B/SP - Balancing Switch

Picked up an old TIG welder and have some questions. Looking at the schematic for the Balancing Resistors, looks like they are bypassed if the Balancing Switch is in the closed position (down). I had it in this mode while doing some tig welding which is incorrect. Being an amateur I thought it was doing a great job in the down position. What kind of results should I expect with the switch in the correct position (up)? I think I read that the damage could occur to the Balancing resistors if stick welding in the tig(up) position.

Thanks. Dave

Reply to
Dave