OT METAL .............Container door hardware

I cut the opening for my door today, according to my supplier's dimensions. So far, so good. This door is 6.5 feet tall and 7.0 feet wide. There is a roller assembly up top, and two side rails that the door travels through. Pretty simple

It looks like one of the top hangers has a worm gear assembly powered by a hex head drive screw. Both sides can be attatched with simple cotter pins, and that would bypass the worm drive, which has to have another screw in the shaft to engage.

Does anyone know of a site where there is an exploded view of how this is supposed to go? I had to bend the webbing of one of the guides out to get the top hanger arm to fit in there, no big deal. If I hadn't, the door would not roll through the web opening.

Of course, this came with no directions. I will call the man tomorrow, as he has installed many of these, but just wondered if this evening, I could find a view that would answer a couple of questions.

As I see it, the worm drive is optional, depending on how you hook up the shaft. It would be nice to have a power lift, but then, it may not work well or for long. A simple battery drive 18v. drill would have enough oomph to run it. A straight tube would work fine, and the door is not so heavy that one could not lift it by themselves.

Help appreciated. If you have any pictures of these doors mounted, it would help, and I can take and post some to flickr if you need a better grasp.

Thanks.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB