Plasma shoppers beware!

Don't fall into the trap this poor guy did:

FYI

Reply to
cAtnEr

I don't feel sorry for the poor bastard at all. He/she was trying to make money by pulling some "China trick", import some cheap china cheese in to America and selling it to some uninformed hobbiest....... and make some money during the process. Isn't there enough China crap here in the US? I surely try to avoid it every time I can.

If you look at the ebay site.... there is not even a description any where , what kind of machine is it ? 110-220 V ? what amprage?

yet bidding starts at $400

please, gimmi a break. :-/

Reply to
acrobat ant

All he's doing is using the Ebay listing to 'slam' his importer and get the word out.

Yes, he could have been more clear about the make/model of the unit he had trouble with and the company that will not 'stand behind it'.

It's still the 'wild, wild west' out there! Be careful.

Reply to
cAtnEr

I have been pounding the following philosophy in this group for a long time, and I will say it once more:

Buy quality and cry only once.

We have had endless inquiries about what do we think about this or that machine.

I think if you want a good machine, save up and go buy one. Don't waste money on cheap tools that don't last, no matter what they are. Unless they are essentially a disposable type of tool.

And if you buy crap knowingly, don't complain about the smell.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Yea, verily!

The home medical equipment dealership whre I work just got a shipment of very attractively priced over-bed tables, which touted tool-free assembly.

Well, the two our salespeople _tried_ to assemble are both lying on the bench broken. But they didn't have to use any tools to break them, by golly!

Hell, several came in pre-broken!

Hmmm, what was that about buying crap knowingly again? What _is_ that odor?

Reply to
John Husvar

Trap? You walk up to a machine that you know NOTHING about, and buy SIX of them.

That's a trap?

Sounds like it. And it sounds like it caught some "poor" guy.

The scary part is that this "poor guy" probably has a drivers license, is fertile, and owns a gun.

Now, THAT'S scary!

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

"Tm" wrote

SONY -> SONZY COKE -> COOKE FORD ->FOORD

Are you beginning to see a pattern?

Had she used the name Soony's, she would have only heard from Okies.

And, if I saw an extra O in a Ford or Coke I was looking at, I'll bet you a nickel that I would be suspicious.

And like the Chinese are very observant and respectful of copyrights or trademarks. A great part of their existence is based on knock offs.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I have no pity for an importer importing a questionable product and thats also why products made in countries with a higher cost cost more you can pay the who gives a shit price for a plasma cutter and have leads tied together or you can pay a little more and deal with a reputable offshore company OR you can pay a bit more again and deal with a company in a country that holds itself accountable for a quality product and puts its name behind it

"BLue and Red " welders cost more but part of the cost is that even if you someonhow get a DUD it willb e replaced and a lot of time and engineering effort has gone into making a safe reliable quality product. SO they cant hit the same price points as the flybynights but you also will not get a rela dud and buying machines from basically the "g8" but industrialized nations with a skilled workforce focused on quality.

YOu roll the dice buying russian or chinese where the quality standardsw ere never a priotiy

you pay less t roll the dice

if you get a "hit" on a chinese tool then its a good tool at a great price but the next one off the line could have been crap but you will be ahead in your machine

Japanese, British, Cnaadian and US stuff wont have that variation unit to unit

Thats a big part of why my next welder will be pa>Don't fall into the trap this poor guy did:

Reply to
Brent Philion

He's doing the best he can without a high school education or the benefit of a forking family tree.

Heck, from reading his E-Bay diatribe, I'd guess he can't spell CAT with a two letter head start.

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Wheaton

A local hamburger restaurant in Risør, Norway was owned by a man named MacDonald. Naturally, he used his own name on the restaurant. Mc Donald's tried to prevent him from using the name, but lost in court.

Reply to
Ole-Hjalmar Kristensen

Sony doesn't care about engineering any more. They are really a record/movie company now. If you try and listen to some music you bought on the wrong type of player, they will hunt you down. But a logo on a circuit board? Their attorneys don't even know what a circuit board is anymore.

Reply to
lens