Plastic lenses..

Welders...Traditionally I always found that when I use clear plastic lenses inside and out of the dark lense of my welding shield I got a ghost of the weld puddle on whatever I was welding. I've found that using all clear glass lenses over the dark glass lense and on the inside window eliminated this problem. Eye glasses usually use plastic lenses...and as I understand it they use plastic lenses in cataract surgery... Some welding magnifiers (cheaters) are plastic as well. I avoid these whenever possible. Wonder if using plastic lenses could be causing some welders problems after cataract surgery.. I`ve been at this trade for 47 years now and will need a cataract removed soon. I want to be able to continue working at the trade...so I`m researching the options

Reply to
Dber

Check out the article in a recent Sky & Telescope. An astronomer went through that very thing (cataract surgery causing problems). That's an extreme case, because visual observing is pretty demanding. Took some doing to sort it out, but with further procedures she's now happy.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor