Power for Miller Syncrowave 180sd tig+Stick Welder 460/575

Someone is offering to sell me one of these tig welders. If I have typical house electrical wiring what would I need to do to power this welder?

Thanks in advance Jim R.

Reply to
jridenou_2000

Do I understand it right that that particular syncrowave takes only

460/575 volts?

If so, I would pass.

Ignoramus27956

Reply to
RoyJ

You will need a clean 60 amp circuit of 220 volt Single phase.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

..And a transformer to replace the 460 / 575 V part?

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

What are you talking about? I didn't see anything from the original poster about 460v/575v power. The Syncrowave 180SD is a little hobby TIG not an old industrial monster machine. It runs on 208v - 230v single phase only.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

They got it from the Subject: line.

Subject: Power for Miller Syncrowave 180sd tig+Stick Welder 460/575

Now admittedly, my newsreader truncates the subject line too. I had to go into full header mode to see it. Looks like the original poster is either mistaken, or something really weird is going on.

Reply to
Todd Rich

It's available in two flavors.

The 208 - 230 V:

And the 460 - 475 V offered to the OP:

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

The 361f version below - is the high voltage version. MIL - Is this Naval or Army..... ???

I have the 208/220 version in my shop and use it monthly.

I make targets for rifle and pistol - needing the 11018 stick. Just opened a 50# tin I have had for a while - and they were dry and ready. I thought by then the can would have a hole.

Mart> Ernie Leimkuhler wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn