Propane explosive nature in hoses

I know that acetylene should not be put through a hose at too high a pressure. My regulators have a red zone starting at 15 psi. Is there a similar situation with propane?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Nope. Propane does not react without oxygen like acetylene can at higher pressures. There is no limit to the pressure with propane.

Reply to
matthew

"SteveB" wrote: (clip) Is there a similar situation with propane? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Here is a clue: propane comes as a liquid in a tank, without any absorbent solvent. As it is used, the liquid level drops, and the top of the tank is filled with propane gas at tank pressure.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman