propane torch conversion to natural gas?

Brazing, not welding, but ..

I have some propane/air torches I want to convert to natural gas (methane).

Can I just swap the jets - and should they be bigger or smaller? How much?

Thanks

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

One problem you'll be facing is line pressure: have you tested the flow rate of your NG supply to insure an adequate level of pressure?

Here in the US, normally the NG lines are regulated to only supply 15 ounce/square inch pressure and, with the help of the gas company, there seems to be an upper limit of ~20 PSI. Will that be sufficient for your purposes?

Reply to
RAM³

No. I will have to add a compressor anyway, so any pressure within reason can be made available.

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother