Question about the Miller Control Wire Plug

I have a question about the control wire connection used by Miller (on Millermatic 175, but I assume it's the same on all their MIGs, correct?). Is the connector they use proprietary, or is it a standard connector that I could get from Mauser or some other supplier? I need the Tweco "Miller Control Wire Plug" PN MSAK-354, and the cheapest I've found it online is $24.42 plus shipping, which seems like a lot for a short low-current bit of wire. If I could find the connector somewhere, I'd like to try to make my own. Anyone know about this? Or know of a cheaper source for this Tweco part? I've already overspent my budget (bigtime) by getting the Millermatic and the Tweco #2 gun.

I looked through the Mouser catalog for a matching connector, but couldn't really be sure what I was looking for just by using the drawings and measurments.

I think next I'll try looking closely at the connector for any markings in the plastic...

Thanks, Chub

Reply to
Chubster

This assumption is very likely incorrect.

If we're talking about the same plug, the ones I've looked at were military spec Amphenol plugs. Google groups on miller and amphenol and I bet you'll be there.

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

As Grant said it'll be a Amphenol plug. Look very closely with a high powered magnifier and you can read the part number on the Miller plug. Probably cost you a significant portion of the price for the cable to get everything for the plug. I figure that at least half the price of the cable for the plug itself.

Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX

Wayne Cook