Quick question

What does a full O2 bottle weigh? One that is 48" tall at the neck. I lifted one today up to my 38" high tailgate by myself. I weigh about 180.

Just wondering.

Reply to
SteveB

Good question.

I loaded a "T" bottle several times yesterday by myself. It got harder as the day went on.

6' to the top of the cap.

I think I left a testicle behind, on the last lift.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Just about the same as an empty one.

Reply to
John Miller

Reply to
Tom Kendrick

Rolled that puppy on the bathroom scales last night. 142#.

I do have to admit there's a trick to loading it. You lean it over and center it on your knee in a somewhat kneeling position. Then press down on the valve end, making the butt end go up. BTW, you have your left hand on the butt end. You put the butt on the tailgate, then lift up on the other end.

Still, no small feat for a 60 year old OF with a sternum held together with Super Glue and stainless steel wire..

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

K... Hercules... we're all impressed! Now stop it!!! Or your next post will likely be titled" How many screws did it take to reconstruct my shattered femur?!?

Those sound like instructions to EMS personnel to load you on a gurney!

..'member that old song... "you shudn't aur-ght'a, rupture your aorta"!!!

Cheers Michael (LMAO)

p.s. I bench press two of 'em, lashed together for balance... 10 reps... 3 sets... everyday! o'course... I AM five years younger.... (snicker)

Reply to
toolman946 via CraftKB.com

I'm not surprised!... seeing how you wuz "tanked" the day before ;-)

Reminds me of last summer when I decided to stucco my garage. Everything went fine... until the next day. Damn if somebody didn't sneak into my house overnight and jamb an ice pick into each shoulder!

Cheers

Reply to
toolman946 via CraftKB.com

"toolman946 via CraftKB.com" wrote

Sung and played with a country western twang .............

"Yah dun stomped on my heart, and ya mashed that sucker flat, You just sorta ........ stomped on my aorta .........

Didn't know there was another human being that had heard that song.

I'm paying for it today, though. The older I get the better I was .........

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I had three shoulder surgeries. The last one took longer, two years, to get over than heart surgery, I was back to work in three months. You will notice I'm up at two in the morning for cookies and milk and a pain pill.................

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Never heard it before, but had to Google it. As a reward for your closing line- You can buy an unboxed set of 53 Frogwhompers songs at

for $20. [or listen to samples for free]

I'm just a young pup, not birthed until 1951, but I see the truth in that line, for sure.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Hah... you're a geezer! O'course those of us spawned in 1952 still qualify for the "young pup" label. ;-)

Reply to
toolman946 via CraftKB.com