Have a question or want to show off your project? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Stuart Wheaton
January 5, 2008, 4:55 pm
rate this thread
A while ago I sent a note asking about ways to stop burning up tips in
the 3035 spoolgun. I was at my wits end...
I recently found on the Miller website that they were offering a higher
duty cycle replacement on the entire Barrel assembly. When I asked the
dealer, they quoted me only $60.00. This replaces everything that
touches the wire after it leaves the motor.
I have been _Very_ thrilled with the new barrel! I welded a medium
sized project in 1/8" box tube and 1/4" plate and even when welding into
a corner to tie in the gussets the heat reflecting back into the tip did
not cause me to burn back even one tip!
At the price, I suspect Miller knows this is more a correction of a
defect than an improvement to the design.
- » Best way to clean oxidized Aluminum before welding
- — Next thread in » ⚡ Welding Forums
- » SEJW - Welding a Honda cast AL intake manifold advice needed...
- — Previous thread in » ⚡ Welding Forums
- » Can an Old Vise be repaired by a Flux Core Wire Weld?
- — Newest thread in » ⚡ Welding Forums
- » OT eye glasses at least it is not political
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » ⏣ General Metalworking
- » rec.models.rockets FAQ Part 00 - Introduction and TOC
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » Model rockets forum