Shockingly good customer support at Miller Electric

As much as usenet is a lot of Questions with good replies and off topic Posts i need to take a moment to give Kudos to a manufacturer that exceeded any expectation i ever had in terms of a response.

I own a Miller Synchrowave 200. I made the choice based in part on availabiltily and in part on price compared to an inverter of similar capacities and based on input from here and experiences welding.

I bought a first generation Synchrowave 200 having originally planned on getting the 180SD

I've had to move the machine around a significant amount and frequently pack up the cables in their hangers to avoid them getting damaged.

I realized in the process that the cable hangers are either too small or a third is required to effectively handle the stinger the TIG torch and the Ground clamp. (the pedal had its own hanger already)

Since i was extremely happy with the overall performance of the machine but felt that a tiny improvement using a trivial amount of sheet metal would significantly help improve their product, I send them that as feedback.

The most stunning part is that within 24 hours of me sending my feedback (With automated reply) Someone not only Looked at my reply but forwarded it to the right group AND I had a Personal reply from the Miller Commercial TIG product manager to my positive feedback.

With Support like that i actually feel bad having bought a Lincoln MIG machine at a sellout price because the extra few hundred i would have paid for the comparable Miller seem well worth the support level that i now see Miller provides.

Just wanted to share a VERY positive vendor experience

Brent Ottawa Canada

Reply to
Brent

The 250 didn't have any hangers in stock form. I added a hanger on each side and I took a steel toolbox designed for a drill and attached it on top to hold the TIG torch. It can be seen here:

Pete C.

Good service is one of the reasons I preach buying red or blue instead of cheapo Chinese crap. Or some American crap for that matter.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

That's pretty amazing, as I have sent sales requests to a NUMBER of companies, ie. I need to buy 100 of your XYZ part today, how do I place an order? and get absolutely no response! Totally amazing!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

It cuts both ways. I get email from people wanting to buy parts. I reply, and never hear back from them.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Reply to
RoyJ

Have you looked at my prices? They are below wholesale, and some parts are obsolete, or on long backorder for fresh stock. All I am trying to do is find a new home for the stuff I've collected over the years. No minimum orders, and no handling charges. Just the stated price and actual postage.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Even when prices are well below market they can be high enough to cause someone to not buy. I am sure many of us have been unexpectably shocked when making parts inquiries. I have decided that things were not worth fixing or that I would fix them without new parts in many cases but I need to inquire about costs before making that decision.

Don Young

Reply to
Don Young

PING!!

Did you ever get my message(s) about test equipment?

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

What test equipment are you looking for Gunner ?

Martin

Mart> >

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

I've already answered you on the newsgroup. I have a couple Fluke digital bench meters in the shop, and I will try to dig them out for you. One worked the last time I used it, the other had a set of NiCad batteries leak, but it had the same switches and displays, so it was kept, just in case. Right now I am trying to move from a one bedroom cottage, into my house. It's not easy when you walk with a cane, but I am stubborn! :)

I just hauled home a second hospital bed. It is identical to the one I'm using, so I am going to scrap one of them for parts to convert the other into a full electric bed. I'll end up with a spare set of motors, and a control box. The headboard and footboard are both bad on one bed, where the cables and cranks to raise and lower the frame are involved. All it will cost is a couple dollars worth of gasoline, and a little time with the welder. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

We're talking a couple dollars postage on items that are plainly priced on the website. One place was interested in some relays. All five of them, including shipping, was less than the price of a single relay from a major distributor. Generally the emails ask, "Do you still have these, and how much is shipping?".

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell