Speedway series 30 plasma cutter

Threaded View
Hi,
I'm looking for replacement parts for my plasma cutter.  If yours has
died, I would be willing to buy it from you for parts value (i.e. I'm
not sure of the value).  The closer to the San Francisco bay area the
better, as I don't want to pay alot for shipping.

thanks in advance
Simon Shabtai Evan

Re: Speedway series 30 plasma cutter

If the plasma cutter has a good handle, the cheapos make excellent boat
anchors.

Steve

Re: Speedway series 30 plasma cutter
I'll bet they do make good boat anchors.  In addition, for really light
users, such as myself, they also substitute nicely as a plasma cutter.

Simon Shabtai Evan

Re: Speedway series 30 plasma cutter

Hi, I suppose you would rather someone send you the parts for free.
Rotty

Re: Speedway series 30 plasma cutter

Most people would rather, but that isn't what he asked for.

Steve

Re: Speedway series 30 plasma cutter

I will type this slowly this time.

Look at your plasma cutter.

Is it working?

If not, are you waiting for spare parts from the North Pole?

If you're waiting on parts, and it is not working, it is a better boat
anchor than a plasma cutter.

Sooner or later, you're going to run out of cadavers from which you can
scavenge spare parts.

No piece of welding equipment is anything more than a useless piece of crap
if you can't turn it on and go.  Or get parts or service within a couple of
days.  In life, 80% of life is showing up.  Good weldors aren't worth much
if they are unreliable.  And a so so weldor is valuable if he shows up every
day.  With machines, 80% of its worth is its reliability.

Hope you got it that time.  I just can't type any slower.

Steve

Re: Speedway series 30 plasma cutter
HI Gentlemen,

I appreciate everybody trying to help me communicate the intent of my
original post.  Members of this group tend to be so knowledgeable that
the meaning of the original post can be lost.

It is very simple. I bought a cheapo cutter for my very limited hobby
use.  It will fail sooner or later.  I am a EE type that has scrounged
electronic parts since I was nine years old.  Old habits are hard to
break.  Sooo for when the POS fails, I thought I'd get a jump on spare
parts.

I really do appreciate everybody's responses.  This is one of the best
newsgroups around. And I know, cause I've been using the Internet since
it was a DOD project.

Good health all,

Simon Shabtai Evan

Re: Speedway series 30 plasma cutter

Welding and creating things is fun.  I can't understand why anyone would
want to spend more time on the equipment than the practice.

But that's just me.

Steve

Re: Speedway series 30 plasma cutter
Hey- Al Gore stole your internet!

  What parts do you need? A lot of things can be interchanged between
manufactured units. Trust me I have seen some stuff that looks plain scary
work just fine. Sounds like you have the background to give it a shot at
least. My buddy has a box we call the "FrankenWelder" half a ESAB half
Radio-Shack. Works just fine.....

      rob

Fraser Competition Engines
Chicago, IL.

Re: Speedway series 30 plasma cutter
The OP clearly stated he is a hobbist. This is the definition of someone
who does things for fun, does not have a schedule to keep, is trying to
keep his total costs down, and doesn't mind (or likes) exploring other
technolgies (like what is inside his welder or plasma cutter)

2 days of downtime (make that 2 hours for a critical job) in a
production environment are unacceptable. You have backup machines, you
buy a new one, etc. 2 weeks or even 2 months downtime is accpetable to a
hobbist if it keeps the overall cost within the budget SHWMBO allows.

Different strokes for different folks.

Site Timeline