Syncrowave gives too much high frequency

I have realized that my Syncrowave 250 gives way too much high frequency. It can start HF arcs from an inch or so. Setting the dial to lowest setting does not change things much. Before I get started, has anyone had a similar issue?

Reply to
Ignoramus20688

bad spark gap adjustment (gap way too big), problem solved

Reply to
Ignoramus20688

Last week the high freq. completely died on my Syncrowave 250DX.

Scratch starting AC on aluminum was no fun.

I called a local repair shop buddy of mine, and he gave me some trouble-shooting tips. While dismantling the machine so I could open the case, I discovered that my power pigtail had completely blown through it's insulation where the cable rested against the cart under the machine.

The high freq. was just grounding out on the chassis. Luckily no damage done.

New cable, and full high freq. restored.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Wow.. do you suppose it was due to vibrations or high voltage migration???

Better lucky than anything else sometimes..

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maguire

I think that I should somehow sleeve my cable also. Maybe use those big shrink tubing pieces that I have. Another little thing to do.

Reply to
Ignoramus30837

More like 4 years of high freq. in one spot , on an old cable.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

I'd use the thick spiral insulating sleeve.

I'd think surplus houses have them all over. Think 1/8 thick plastic that flexes with the wire that you can wrap around with plugs on both ends...

Mart> >>

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Reply to