Tig aluminum soldering/brazing?

Is it even feasible to use my TIG torch to perform some aluminum brazing/soldering using that low-temperature rod that is supposed to work at normal soldering temperatures or will the zinc simply boil away?

I was thinking that the argon shield might make it easier to get some fusion between the rod and the base metal.

-- Yes it's true, I really am crazy! Look what I'm doing now

you can contact me via

Bruce Simpson

Way too hot. That stuff works around 300 degF. Your TIG arc is closer to 12,000 degF

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler