Type 69 welding rod? No lewd jokes please

I am sorting through my pile of TIG rod, saving small quantities of the rods that I need and I will list the rest on ebay. This is like a little museum of TIG rod, ER70*, 308, 316, silicon bronze, all sorts of aluminum etc. I have a box of welding rod that says, written in permanent marker "TYPE 69". It is copper clad steel rod of some kind.

Any idea what this might be, maybe something oil hardening or air hardening?

Ignoramus3681

Near the bottom "INCONEL & Hastelloy "types" "

Filler Metal 69 5779 Type 309 ER309

Maybe ?

Mart> I am sorting through my pile of TIG rod, saving small quantities of

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Filler Metal 69 5779

The stainless was in the other table....

Mart> I am sorting through my pile of TIG rod, saving small quantities of

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

This looks like mild steel to me.

I will check if it is magnetic, but I am pretty sure. I think that it is a regular mild steel.

Ignoramus3681