Welder value

I bought a Miller AC Thunderbolt today at a yard sale. Fifty bucks. It has leads with quick releases. It has a box of /18 7018. What do you think the retail price would be for me to sell it?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

this is the type it is.

Reply to
SteveB

140
Reply to
Ignoramus2867

Probably depends on your area; the box of rods doesn't matter.

A few years ago I used to occasionally see them on CL here locally for fifty bucks, now they are always at least ~$120.

FWIW, I bought a nearly brand-new Century arc welder, without leads, for $20 last year. The price of copper has driven up the value of the leads, so longer leads will always get you more money.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Those basic cracker boxes will sell for 100-150 no problem. Saw a Lincoln on CL recently for $350, and a few days later noted that the new Lincoln Cracker box sells brand new in the BOX store for $299. ROFL.

I have been told, (but never opened one up to look) that the older ones have a copper wound transformer and are much better machines, and that the newer ones have aluminum wound transformers. Could just be bunk. Like I said I never opened one up and looked. I've got one of the older (18-19 years) Lincolns in a corner of the shop, but I haven't fired it up in years. Its still bolted to its skid boards. Someday I might put it on a cart... well if I ever start using it again. My Lincoln Pro Core gets all the quick and dirty light work these days.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

It's kinda funny doing a failure analysis when you have a steel cabinet that is left standing, and a puddle of aluminum that has run out and puddled on the floor.

Lemmee see if I can figger out what happened here. A statement for using the right choice of metals for the application.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB