Latest threads in ✈ RC aircraft modelsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Voltage to a 8.4 V NiMH Pack
I have a follow on question to my other "Chinese Guanli Glider" thread. Would a simple 9.0 volt DC wall transformer work as a way to charge a 7 x AA 8.4 volt battery pack. I was at a hobby shop (D&J)...
5
5

FA (UK Only) Various batches of servos, rx, batteries, engine starter etc
Hi Chaps, I'm acttioning a bunch of stuff to release space and funds for the winter building session. Mainly servos and stuff as title but there is also a cordless engine starter that runs off its own...
1
1

Does anyone remember?
A few years ago, someone had a website with CAD drawings of many models. I "think" Ray Haddad may have had something to do with it. My memory is gone. Is this website still around? A fellow Kaos...
9
9

Taping aileron gap
I have a Great Planes Viper 500 ARF. I use it for an adrenaline rush. I don't race it. Just zip around the skies. I've got an OS 46 AX with a MA 9.5 x 6 prop and a Macs muffler on it. I've tached it...
9
9

Simple servo question
This has nothing to do with RC planes, but I figure you guy's/gal's would know about this stuff. I am looking at using some RC servo's in an underwater housing I am making for my video camera (to...
20
20

FA - OPS Maxi 30 engine, Futaba Rcvrs
OPS Maxi 30 1.8 cu. in glo engine - new and unused Futaba two channel rcvrs - 2 ea eBay Mobile

Chinese Guanli Glider : Is this normal?
So here's the story. I buy an electric glider from a relative new seller on eBay. The glider arrives yesterday and I start assembling. The plane comes from Guanli Model of China. Typical instructions...
10
10

Newbie rc opinion request
Hello all! My husband is interested in trying out rc helicopter flying. I would like to get him one for Christmas. Can anyone recommend a decent beginner model? Basically, something good enough that...
19
19

Re: !!! RC-TV is on the air !!!
| I am proud to announce that there is finally a show on TV just for us, You mean Chris Chianelli show on DIY's ` Radio Control Hobbies' wasn't good enough? (Boy, that guy's goofy looking. But he...

Kraft transmitter question
I recently inherited an early (1970s I think) Kraft proportional system, 4 channels and no frills at all. For old times sake I would like to get it going again, but the Tx has no battery in it. I...
15
15

Ross-Northfield muffler
Does anyone out there have a muffler or two from the Ross/Northfield engines? The had a patented feature that separated the oil from the exhaust. I'd like to locate one or two of these. Regards to...

[FREE] 3D Modeling Software
This is a good 3D CAD program from Google. Naturally, they want you to buy the Pro version eventually but for most modeling purposes, this is quite good. Woodworking, modeling, layout design, home...
1
1

Cleaning an engine
The very best way to clean an engine is in a crock pot with enough antifreeze to cover your engine. You do not have to disassemble the engine, just remove any rubber o-rings. I do the engines and...
6
6

Re: Engine Recommendation for Hangar-9 Showtime
NCREG DPM bipe...What engine do you have in your DPM bipe? I have a YS 12 in mine and feel like it is underpowered. I agree it flies reall well, but I want some more power. Also to you guys who are...
4
4

Part needed.
Hi all, I am looking for a propeller shaft/main gear assembly for my Great Planes Spirit of St. Louis Park Flyer. It is out of stock everywhere, I assume because it is discontinued. This part belongs...
3
3