Latest threads in ✈ RC aircraft modelsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

first "flight" battery hell
I took my new HoneyBee CP2 for its first "flight" in a square on the ground as recommended by Radd's school of flight. I followed the instructions in the manual, saying: "It is recommended that you...
4
4

Finishing styrofoam
I would like to experiment with styrofoam for wings and airboat hulls. I've made a hot wire for cutting - it's an interesting process. My question is about finishing. Most finishes attack the foam....
11
11

Matching EP components
Is there a chart or web-site or any way to match EP components to a plane? What sizes are needed to put an EP plane in the air? ________________________________ Earl 'AMA' #40329
4
4

So, the Futaba 14MZ wasn't expensive enough for you?
So, the Futaba 14MZ wasn't enough radio for you? Meet the Futaba FX-40. Only a mere $3000, it's here for the `money is no object!' crowd! this price, you get the TX, a RX and no servos. Sort of makes...
3
3

Diesels available in U.S.
I am looking for purpose-built diesel engines in the .40 to .70 size range. I am trying to avoid conversions, and would prefer to avoid PAW's (don't like their silencer arrangement or prop attachment...
6
6

Alternative to glow fuel
Has anyone tried something else than methanol/castor mix? The reason I am asking is because I have a place on the Azores islands and you simply cannot get glow fuel there. I could carry the castor oil...
76
76

Bladerunner 2 Cheapo RC 'copter
I have just bought a really cheap £60 indoor rc chopper as I have always had an interest but can not afford or have the experience to get a better model... Anyway it said on the website it should fly...

Autonomous airplane project
Hello everyone, I'm a researcher at Taylor University and was hoping for some advice from RC airplane experts about the best choice for a plane to convert into an autonomous plane. We believe we want...
44
44

??? before first attempt
I'm about ready to try trying to operate a CP2 a little bit for the first time, beginning with trying not to wreck it in a one foot square on the ground. Before making an attempt there are some...
7
7

Help on Dynaflite Decathlon
I'm framing up a Dynaflite Super Decathlon. This is my first large scale plane and I'm a bit nervous due to lack of experience. The instructions call for 6-32 threaded studs to be screwed into 1/8"...
8
8

A question about covering....Caution: N00b!!!
Hi, As fellow R/C Aviation enthusiasts, I'm hoping that you will be able to help with my following quandary. I bought an ARTF Seagull 'Boomerang' trainer some time ago, and enjoyed a number of...
6
6

fundango, what motor?
Ok I have been reading alot of the internet about the fundango power set up. All of them are really old so there are alot of different motor options out there. I just got one and I am starting to...

Krylon crystal clear 1301 Acrylic Coating
Yes it is available everywhere. However rather than just paying for spray cans has anyone come up with bulk item in pints or quarts that can be thinned and used in an airbrush. Is there a substitute...
10
10

72 Mhz Channel Nummbers
Good Morning, Does anyone know the quick answer as to why the 72Mhz band starts at Ch 11. I have several guesses but would like to know the true skinny. Maybe a pointer to a web site/article would...
9
9

Spread Spectrum for General RC Use (DX7)
The pattern list reported that there is now a Spektrum DX7 on sale for general RC use: am not affiliated with anybody who is making a profit on this item and receive no compensation for mentioning it...
17
17