Latest threads in ✈ RC aircraft modelsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

FS Madewell Mite Engine 1940's
I have a Madewell Mite Engine that hasn't been used in at least 60 years so it'll probably require a little tlc to get going again. It's this one mine has a wooden propeler but no gas tank, pictures...

rubber bands
I am new to planes ( fly heli's ) and was wondering why they use rubber bands to hold the wings on and not a more permanent method. I understand that it makes it easier for transport with the wings...
4
4

Propeller opinions and advice
I wanted some opinions on composite versus wooden propellers. Most of the flyers in two clubs I belong to prefer composite props (particularly APC sport props), but an engine I bought recommends...
14
14

Monocote or whatever hinges
When I was a teenager flying control line- Bronze wires, other metals had not been discovered yet, control line because radio had not been discovered yet- silkspan or (preferably cotton) cloth strips...
3
3

Wattflyer electric flight only website grows fast in first 30 days
is the web's only fully supported site dedicated STRICTLY to electric radio control flight. In just a little over 30 days 2500+ members and 5000+ posts have been added. You can buy, sell or discuss...

2 vs 4 stroke glow fuel
Can anybody tell me what the effective difference between 2 stroke and 4 stroke glow fuel? ( Is it just percentage oil content?) Can one type be used in the engine of other type given the same nitro...
5
5

4CH RC Air Plane $119
4CH RC Air Plane $119 - Everything included and ready to fly -

High speed close-up pictures...
Dear readers, Today I update my website with more tha 400 pictures that I took @ RIAT 2005 Fairford UK Most pictures are close-up pictures with al lot of details! Maybe usefull for you !! greetings...

Anti Freeze Engine Cleaning
I have an old crock pot and a bottle of Anti Freeze. Plus about 6 or 7 gunked up engines. Whats the proper way to clean these engines using this technique?
23
23

TT Pro-46 tuning
I have a TT Pro-46 that is giving me a hard time getting the low speed needle set properly. It seems that no matter where I set the low speed needle it stumbles and dies when I give it more throttle....
2
2

Oracover Supplier
I am currently in the process of covering an aircraft with Monokote, midway thru I switched to some "leftovers" for a compound curve. The leftover was marked "Oracover" on the back side. The Oracover...
9
9

ASP 75 low speed needle setting
Does anyone have an ASP 75 that can tell me what the low speed mixture needle setting should start at ? I'm not really sure of how to adjust a low speed needle... This engine has both a low speed and...
2
2

Chipmunk
Anyone know where I can get a Chipmunk ARF for .60-.75?
1
1

Super Custom spares?
Anyone know where I might be able to get hold of a new front bearing for a Super Custom 75 2 stroke engine please? Engine runs fine but is starting to spray a small amount of fule through the front...
12
12

Troubshooting mystery test!
The engine, an OS.46, that ran fine the day before wouldn't run now. It started, but within a minute or so raced, then stopped. Someone noted the fuel line had bubbles in it. The owner whined because...
9
9