Latest threads in ✈ RC aircraft modelsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Contact for Joe Murry (Unionville Hobby)
Has anyone got the info pack from their Unionville Hobby Kit (fleet finch, beaver, etc.)? Can you please post the contadt information from it? Alternately, if you haoppen to have Joe's phone number or...

No metal to metal contact - a furphy?
I am advised by the cluey and experienced guys at my club that metal to metal contact in glow planes is a no no - ie the metal throttle control rod mustn't attach to the metal throttle lever on my...
34
34

020 start problems
Bought a used cox 020. Installed a new glow head and tore down and cleaned the entire engine. Opened the needle valve three and half turns connected one D battery 1.5 volt and no go. Any idea what the...
7
7

Battery Charging times?
Hey All...I'm new to these R/C thingies...and i have a question that you might be able to answer for me. I have a battery pack here says it's 9.6v Ni-Cd. there's 8 cells in it, but i don't know any...
6
6

OS.48 4 stroke plane
Just noticed that I have an OS .48 4-stroke laying around. What would be a good plane to put it in? I was thinking about a tweaked Sig LT-25 but wouldn't mind something a little sportier, any ideas?...
4
4

Sunday's Flying
Pilot (me, dangit) takes off with no clear flight plan and much too close to the pits. The airplane gets "redirected" by a small gust, I take evasive action while flying slow and climbing, the plane...
4
4

Plane storage
Hi There. I have a problem I am sure many of you guys share. My wife kicked my planes out of the house. So, I had a wood garden shed constructed of knotty pine (15mm pine planks) roofed with...
3
3

Fixed vs. fling wing
My curiousity for flying heli's is satisfied now, and decided my foamy fixed wings (Pigi, Uzi XL, & Revolution 3D) are a little more relaxing to fly :))))) Not to say there's not sweaty palms and dry...

Building new airplane
I am rebuilding a Great Planes BLT park flyer, with an extra servo moving the new aelerons I added. Beside the main wing, everything else is a new and simpler design; the fuselage is a 1/2" sq stick...
4
4

R/C Modeler Magazine...Gone?
I just heard from a reliable "well informed" source out on the west coast that R/C Modeler magazine is no more....I cannot beleive it. I was a first issue subscriber, too. In the "old days" there were...
45
45

Charge Rate for gel cell battery?
Have acquired a gel cell battery for starter etc, and am wondering what is the best rate to charge it at - initially I used my car battery charger, but gather that this is not the right way to go - ie...
31
31

FS: World Models Super Chipmunk with OS91FS and computer radio
Ready to fly. Operating flaps and fixed gear. No shipment. Pickup or deliver in San Diego are only. Comes complete with Hitec Prism7X computer radio with Spectra synthesizer. Sweet flyer.

Super Sportster 60 pictures
couple of pictures of my Super Sportster. Charlie http://www.rcuniverse.com/gallery/galleryCat.cfm?memberID=24522
6
6

Servo Setup Question
I've often seen and think I've read about a particular setup on aileron servos that I'm curious about and want to know if it's best and why. I've seen servo arms that are less than 90 degrees to the...
1
1

decal application
I am building my second electric, (GWS PT-17). Could someone out ther tell me the best way to apply the adhesive decals that come with thes kits. I am a very experienced plastic model builder and I am...
4
4