Latest threads in ✈ RC aircraft modelsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Aero Dynamics 40% Pitts
Does anyone have any info on the Aero Dynamics 40% Pitts?

A Brave New SPAD World!
Mr Akimoto is visiting his father in Japan, so he asked me to fill in for him. He thought you might enjoy this thread from RCUniverse: has been very hot here, so I am installing A/C in the club house....
6
6

Drill motor
I've got a 12 v drill motor. When I hook on a propeller off of a slo-v and power it up I get lots of thrust - this is direct drive. Can anybody guess whether this is a terribly inefficient setup? I...
2
2

Anybody flying diesel?
I don't carry a glow starter, starter motor or fuel pump to the field with me. I fly diesel engines and gravity load and unload my fuel. I have never had a dead stick landing (if fuel was in the...
32
32

Which Brushless Motor for F15?
Ive just built a 3DFoamy F15 and the one in the video which seems to fly OK uses an AXI 2208-34 which is described as follows... "Suitable for slow and park fly size models up to 500g No of cells...
1
1

Using your charger in vehicle
We see lots of charger/cycler manufacturers advise against using the charger when the car is running. I've never experienced a problem. Never have it plugged in when starting the car, but as soon as...
28
28

Kind of slow
Seems like one of our most prolific and controversial posters has taken some time off. How about some modeling discussions? I would like to get some opinions on a rather exotic battery test device,...
8
8

WANTED: Hallco Black Anodized Landing Gear
I am looking for a Hallco Landing gear. I understand this was the largest gear Hallco made with a wheel to wheel spacing of 17 and 1/2". The two previous landing gears I owned (and, alas sold) were...
1
1

Closet builders -
Gentlemen: I had a great time at the field this evening and it wasn't just flying. We have several instructors in our club and I hadn't flown with one of them. Tonight I asked him to fly my plane and...
2
2

RC helicopter payloads
I am currently trying to decide if an engineering project that I had in mind would be possible to complete in the time that I have. I wanted to experiment with creating an unmanned aircraft to deliver...
3
3

U-CAN-DO Wing Available (60 size)
My plane met the eventual fate of all models but I do have a good wing. I will ship it to anyone who wants it if you pay the shipping which I guess will be about 10 or 15 dollars. I will also send you...

Kenneth Thom
Does anyone know a prominent modeler Kenneth Thom. An old friend of his, Armand Kamp, is looking for him. He thinks he is on the west coast somewhere. Please back channel me if you have any...

Dual rate switches etc
I'm in the process of programming my first computer radio. There are a ton of options and I'm curious about how they are commonly set up. Using dual rates, is the high rate usually up and the low rate...
6
6

Radio Controlled RC helicopters
Radio Controlled RC helicopters - $83 - Includes everything and ready to fly -

How Important is the Selection of a Trainer?
How Important is the Selection of a Trainer? First, I should define a couple of terms. When I refer to balsa, I mean the typical balsa lite-ply RTF or ARF. When I make a comparison or contrast, it...
45
45