Latest threads in ✈ RC aircraft modelsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Model tech Cap 21 40 sized ARC
Hi, I've bought one of these kits and after searching for info on them on this forum I'v ebeen looking for a good engine. I've been offered a YS91. Would this be a good engine? Any advice of any mods...

Flight dynamic model
FMS is one of the freeware high-quality flight simulator for model airplanes. It is written in Delphi language with some third party components. You can download it from question is about the "flight...
7
7

Why fiberglass cloth?
I am trying to make a 3 dimensional structure using fiberglass techniques. However, I am wondering if there is alternative to using the glass fibers. I do not need extreme strength.. this will be a...
9
9

Somethin' Extra CG
My somethin' extra balances just in front of where the wing tube enters the wing. Is this to far back? I havn't flown it yet.
1
1

Carl Goldberg Ultimate 10 - 300 Engine recommendation?
Hey guys, just wondering how a Super Tigre 90 2S would do in in this plane? Also any recommendations for a 3D prop for this engine if it would do the job? I have heard of people using engines from .50...
2
2

WattFlyer.com 100% eflight ONLY website launched!
For Immediate Release: From the creators of RCU, debuts as the only major website platform that is 100% dedicated ONLY to electric flight and TOTALLY BANNER AD FREE. What makes this new site different...

Glue
What is a good glue to use on a foamie? Say if a wing broke or something. Not sure if CA glue is safe on foam or if the foam will react to it.
3
3

RCM plans
Anybody order RCM plans lately? I've had my eye on the Golden Oldie biplane for years but never ordered the plans. I see that they're running a "4 for the price of 3" sale until August 31. I'm sure I...
12
12

Lipo / esc upgrade
I'm looking to upgrade to Lipo's in my Magister (680g motor). I am told that I can safely go to a 3s lipo pack but that I will need a larger esc. Can't quite find how big I'll have to go though. 30A?...
3
3

Battery question
I've just bought a Multiplex Twin Jet and am now looking for a battery. I've found this one on Ebay -- thoughts and can I charge this with a GWS field charger (capable of charging at 6Amps) ? TIA...
2
2

Fuel-proofing styrofoam
I'm fuel-proofing the styrofoam wing for my Duraplane-40 using epoxy. Geez what a long process. Takes overnight to dry, sand at least the edges, then do the other side. Plastic iron-on film is quicker...
36
36

Goldberg Instructions Download Now Free
It's been a while since I last checked. I always wondered why Great Planes allowed you to download their model instruction manuals free, but Goldberg charged a couple bucks to do so. That's changed,...
2
2

Great Planes Super Sportster 90 - 120 Wing plans
A good friend just lost his SS 90-120 at the field. Does anyone have the plans to the wing or even a wing kit for this plane? We would appreciate any help. Thanks, Bill McBaine (
1
1

Great Planes Tracer
I was wondering if a great planes tracer would be as fun and forgiving to fly as a super stick?
1
1

Speed Gun
Does anyone know where to get a speed gun I want to check the speed of a couple of magnums. Cheers
3
3