Latest threads in ✈ RC aircraft modelsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Dual Clunks in Fuel Tank
Has anyone done this? I am building a Cermark Javelin II. One of the guys suggested that since the engine is inverted that it might be a good idea to use two clunks. I can't see the sense in this but...
8
8

9C Program to mix kill switch on twin engines
In response to several notes, here are the settings to accomplish the subject above. It requires two mixes. I have listed the settings as you would input them starting on page 1 in the advanced...

FS: Vinyl Graphics: Labor Day Special
Labor Day only!!! The popular AMA special... (10) ea. AMA numbers OR (10) ea. names. Your choice of font and color. $10.00 postpaid... See it here... Bill

tips/tricks to soldering bullet plugs?
trying to install these 3.5mm bullet plugs on my various electronic bits. my intital attempt was not good. anyone have a link to pointers or can offer same here, please post!
6
6

One Tx for All: An Impossible Dream?
I'm looking for a single transmitter that will control all of my two channel (thrust vector steering) planes, plus any three or four channel planes I acquire in the near future. Most are on the 27mhz...
32
32

AMA Job posting change.
The posting for Technical Advisor has been changed - it is now for Technical Director. There are some other minor changes in the requirements. Now Hiring: Technical Director The Academy of Model...

Electric Plane Components
I am planning to refit an older electric plane with a new motor, battery and speed control. Is there a web site or someone to call to get the right components for the plane I want to fit it with? Any...
11
11

What are CH switches on controller for?
Hi, Have a Lanyu 4 CH radio controller and a TW-748 electric plane with throttle, aileron, rudder and elevator. The controller has the following switches: CH1 Rolling,yawing CH2 Pitching CH3 Motor...
5
5

Building The AMA SUT Part 10
Part 10 OK, its almost done. The engines have been broken in, its been balanced (oddly enough, it balanced perfectly, didn't have to add any weight, who would of thunk it?) and finally got thru to...
1
1

Help! Futaba 9C Programming
I have tried the Futaba phone line and sent email which bounced. Here is the problem. I have a twin and have the 9C programmed so that switch C is used to control the two throttle servos. When C is...
8
8

AMA employment opportunity
Now Hiring: Technical Advisor The Academy of Model Aeronautics has an immediate opening for a Technology Advisor. Under the direction of the Executive Director or his/her designee, the Technology...

noob Q: does torque make aircraft bank more readily one way vs. another?
my left turns are good. smooth. well coordinated. same plane. same radio. same thumbs. my right turns are really bad. poorly coordinated, blah, blah, blah. does the torque from the prop have anything...
14
14

Advice on a 2.4 GHz radio
I am new to RC. After hours on a flight sim, I think I am ready to invest in my first radio system and a .40 size electric trainer aircraft. After some research, I think I am pretty well set on a 2.4...
63
63

Is there a website for the Much Marcle large RC show ?
Hi, Interested in seeing large RC models flying, hopefully WW2 Wellington, Halifax, Ju88, He111 , Do17Z well made and correctly painted etc etc. I gather Much Marcle, Herefordshire UK is a large RC...
5
5

learned yet another lesson in flying (noob post)
dont fly in winds heavier than you plane can handle! sure everyone knows this, but you dont Know it 'til you learn it for yourself! the day dawned perfect...sunny w/ a touch of a breeze from the west....
4
4