Latest threads in ✈ RC aircraft modelsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Crop duster drawings
If I were to build a plane, can anybody suggest drawings for a good model? This is what I am thinking of: A slow flying model with some personality of its own, for example a crop duster. Good flying...
6
6

flight school
so, how does this work, i am going to be contacting a instructor at the local flying field, but im wondering if thay are going to want money. if you were teaching someone to fly, would you charge a...
3
3

Transmitter Compatibility
I have a Hobbyzone Scout with a broken tail boom and possibly a damaged motor. I also have a Hobbyzone Commander 2. The Scout is channel 3 on 27mhz, and the Commander is channel 6 on 27mhz. I'd like...
9
9

Building the AMA Sport Utility Twin
A friend and I have started construction on the SUT that is featured in this month's AMA magazine. If you'd like to hear about the things we have found and some tips on improvements, drop me a line at...
2
2

static thrust
Hi, I made a crude setup to measure prop thrust on my electric mini edge 540. I used a digital scale connected to a laptop. Good accruacy. I measured 2 pounds of thrust in still air . I decided to see...
5
5

Pilots on the cheap.
Remember those little footballer figures made by a firm called Corinthian(?) that had a big head and ant sized bodies the kids used to collect? if you can get some chop off the arms and legs and stick...

New Pilot Report
Hello Group, Just a follow up on my pilot training. Just to recap, I never flew before, just spent 15+ hours on a flight sim called FMS. I bought a ParkZone Spitfire, flew it once, lucked out and...
2
2

Battery pack assembly.
Would it do batteries any harm to stick them in the freezer for a while before soldering the tags on to lessen the chance of overheating during the soldering operation? I need to make up a couple of...
11
11

I need a source for pair of counter rotating props.
Greetings, Anyone know of a source for a pair of 12X9 or 12x8 or 11x9 or 11x8 counter rotating props? Prefer electric props but I'd consider others. I'm building a twin and would like to have counter...
2
2

Covering Question
The newbie with a question again... I'm building a foam model that I want to finish with TowerKoat (cheap & lo-temp). The foam has some minor imperfections that I don't want to appear in the covering....
2
2

Any Tips for Flying a Firebird Commander?
I don't have a lot of experience flying RC planes. I did have a few successful flights with a HX "Vulcan" flying wing, getting it up to about 80' at one point, but the Hobbyzone Scout I got to train...
7
7

Belt cp main rotor blades
Hi how tight do I tighten the rotor blades on a belt cp. I have rea that you should tighten main blades so that they hold there own weigh when heli is on its side but fold if you give it a sharp...
3
3

Looking to sell extensive collection of vintage models and related items
Hello, My father has been collecting model airplanes and related items since he was a child, and has an extensive collection that includes unopened model kits, kits that have been opened but not...
5
5

DYNAM fm TX...pos(+) or neg(-) shift?
i recently picked up a DYNAM branded 6channel 72mhz FM xmitter. i'm trying to figure out if it's a positive or negative shift unit, so i know what kind of RXs i can use... if anyone has an insight...
2
2

2 wire Servos???
According to Tower Hobby, their System 2000 Dual-BB Giant scale Servo TS-80 comes with 2 (NOT 3 wires). They also say that the third wire is not necessary. Please, someone enlighten me as to how this...
21
21