Latest threads in ✈ RC aircraft modelsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

UpStar EP Glider by Tower Hobbies
Has anyone tried the UpStar EP Glider by Tower Hobbies? Would you care to give your personal opinion. Likes and Dislikes! Good and Bad features! Earl of Ohio website:
5
5

CPSC Recall on Estes Sky Ranger
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop...
2
2

Venture 60 build thread
Guys, I thought I would move the discussion to a sort of an "official" build thread. The reason I do this is because right out of the starting gate I'm running into problems, the answers to which I...
35
35

Cedar Hobbies Twin Stik
This ARF was written up in the latest issue of Model Aviation. Has anyone built it or know anything about it? When you go to the web site there is a link to the product manual but it is dead. An...
1
1

How to make wing molds?
I have always wanted to be able to make my own molded wings but I have never been quite clear on the best way to go about doing it. Normally when making a mold it seems you create the plug, glass it...
1
1

Rebuild classics in composite material
For a long time now I have had the idea that it might be fun to try to rebuild some old balsa planes I have had in composite versions. I would be curious to see how much stronger/lighter I can make...
1
1

trex 450x hde convert to cde
Does anyone know how to conver a trex 450x hde to cde (i.e ccmp) Is getting a cde frame enough or will I also need other parts. i. linkages etc.. I was hoping all I need to do is get a frame and then...
2
2

Pattern nats blog
I've just come home from the pattern nats in Muncie. I kept a blog, as best I could, while I was there: I've got one more big batch of photos to crop and upload to the Photo Albums. Marty
3
3

CoCo Lama Heli problem
Hello. I have a CoCo Lama, and I'm having trouble trimming it out. No matter what I do I get a yaw to the right. I tried adjusting the gyro but it doesn't seem to have much affect. Even with the trim...
1
1

Building a BTE Venture 60 (2023 Update)
Well, I destroyed my Superhots, so now I have a virgin Venture 60 kit, not yet opened. I've read extensively through the various build threads and posts in RCU regarding this plane, so I'm aware of...
21
21

Litco Email response?
Anyone had any luck getting an Email response out of Litco about repairing an Alpha-4? I've been trying for a week, no response. Can't find anything on their web site about it either. Guess I'll have...
4
4

Hobbico Accu-cyle Elite Charger
sorry to inform you guy's but the Hobbico Accu-cyle Elite Charger i really a bad quality charger altough it has a great menu and adventage but i bought two and now they are in the trash both are not...
4
4

Taming fighter aircraft
Is it possible to tame fighter types such as Spits annd Me 109's etc for use as advanced trainers or even better as trainer models, it appears that many of these ARTF's are scale models of advanced...
9
9

RCU editing and deleting posts
Don't you just love it when a moderator's posts are completely unhelpful on the question asked. Then he argues word choice with the one person who actually posts useful information. Then he gets rude....
10
10

noob question: secrets to fitting servos into their mounts?
the servo mounts im encountering are precisely sized for the servos i'm fitting. which means that there is no room to actually fit the servo into the mount, as there is wiring which requires the servo...
3
3