Best Rated threads in ✈ RC aircraft modelsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Great Planes PT-40 wing modification
HI. I'm a newbie to flying and this is my first kit. I've been talking to some local flyers about my kit (waiting on FedEx to get here) and have read some OLD posts here about the dihedral. The locals...
11
11

Thunder tiger 46
I have just got a new thunder tiger 46 d i need to know what prop gives the best perf i have a 11X7 on it now and it seems to turn a lot of RPM's with this prop is there something i can get more air...
18
18

Saito 150 starting problem
My Saito 150 has been sweet for 3 years. Today, it wouldn't start, or even fire. I changed the plug, set the valves a couple of times, check fuel flow, but got not even a pop. I'm confused, as I've...
5
5

ST 2300 OK?
Like to purchase Super Tigre 2300 (1.4 cu in) new. What has been your experience with this engine. It is very inexpensive compared to others in this size range and if there are no bad reports I would...
7
7

Accu-Cycle Schematic/Sevice Manual
Greetings, It's a long shot but...... Anyone have access to a schematic or fsm for a first generation Accu-Cycle. Mine got fried by a line voltage spike as a result of a recent power failure....
8
8

Slightly OT: Snoopy vs The Red Baron
Does anyone have the spoken German words at the beginning of the song? Are they real, or just made up? Translation? TIA! Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"
9
9

For Sale: 1/4 Scale Marquart Charger ARF
For Sale: Walt Moucha Models ¼ Scale Marquart Charger with Quadra 35 Engine Engine has spring starter and smoke muffler. Includes heavy duty aileron servos installed in the wing. Covered with White...
2
2

Graupner Speed motor screw holes
I found a Graupner compatible motor mount online that I'd like to moun another motor in... but I can seem to find any specs for how far apar the mounting screw holes are for this motor. Would anyone...

OS46FX and OS 46AX
As my son learns to fly the backplate and needle on my favourite OS46FX are almost becoming a 'comsumable item' and it's a pain in the tail that they're a cast item and both need to be replaced at the...
8
8

Saito 150
I have a saito 150 that I am just breaking in. I can run the tank dry on the ground without the engine dying. However when I get it in the air it will fly for 2 or 3 minutes, at level flight, then it...
7
7

DURAPLANE 20 CG??
I'm in the process of resurrecting and old DuraPlane 20 I was giving and was wondering where the recommended CG would be? I've found the manual for a 40 online but not for the 20 (yet). Any help...
17
17

Question and Request re: Right Flyer 40T
I have one of the original Right Flyer 40T ARF kits that I bought some time ago, but never assembled. I have to questions: 1) Does anyone have a soft-copy of the manual for this plane? Over the years...
5
5

Clark-Y airfoil
My Waco has a Clark-Y airfoil. What makes this different from the other wing shapes? Thanks Jeff
28
28

fabric covering question
I have a GP Super Sportster 60 under construction. Beginning to think ahead to covering. Considering using a fabric covering. Seal the Koverall with 1 - 2 coats of Sig Nitrate Clear Dope and then...
14
14

Lil' Trickler Charger
I'm, about to buy a Lil' Trickler. My flying sessions are usually spontaneous and invariably I have not put my batteries on charge. The Lil' Trickler would allow me to place my Rx, Tx, and glow driver...
6
6

Removing Old Monokote
I'm stripping an old model and having a tough time getting the covering off cleanly. In places I've been able to peel it off and the balsa is clean. On some of it, the clear top skin is coming off and...
9
9

Quiet muffler for Zenoah G23
I have a Zenoah G23 which just barely will not pass the noise regulations at our field. Does anyone know of any "quiet" mufflers for that engine, or have any experience modifying standard mufflers?...
1
1

SU-27 Laser-cut kit is soon available!
RUSSIAN SU-27 FLANKER One of the Most Feared Fighters in the World. This is to be the finest AKM kit yet! It is almost entirely laser-cut kit, down to wing sheeting, sheer web, fuselage sheeting and...
4
4

Sites listing gas engines for sale?
Other than RC Universe are there any other sites that have a number of gas engines for sale? Have looked around a bit but have not found much in other sites with many gas engines (Taurus BME DA etc)...
1
1

straightening out wire for foam cutting bow
I´ve been building a DIY foam cutting power supply, it will soon be ready. The next step will then be to build a bow for the hot-wire. Now, a friend of mine gave me a coiled heating wire from a...
21
21