Best Rated threads in ✈ RC aircraft modelsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

C-47, Holes in Windows?
Hi y'all, RE: WWII C-47 What in the heck are all those round "holes", "ports", or whatever they are, seen in the fuse side windows of a C-47? Anybody here know? Don't tell me they where "puke ports"...
12
12

Slowstick Repair
This question is from a newbie to RC. I just got into the sport with a Slowstick and it is more than fast enough for me at this point. So fast that more times than not, landing is a...
21
21

OS FS52 to much meat for a SIG LT-25 ????
I am looking at buying my second RC airplane. I have an OS Max FS52 from a previous trainer (Thunder Tiger 40 ARF) and I am looking at getting a SIG Kadet LT-25. Is that particular engine to big for...
8
8

Wanted to find out your opinions on the sig kadet senior arf
i am thinking about putting together a sig kadet Senior arf. but i am not sure what type of engine to put in it. and also i am not sure what type of reciever and servos to put in it. i have a jr...
20
20

Thunder Tiger GP42
Anyone know the muffler screw thread size for this engine?
3
3

Ohio R/C 81" Super Chipmunk dihedral?
I need to know the dihedral for the Super Chipmunk or Pepsi Skydancer kit as measured with one tip flat on the table. Thanks, Brian
1
1

Battery pack for old Airtronics 7P
Hi, After MANY years I'm about to get back into the hobby (my 6 and 8 year old kids are the stimulus :-). I've dusted off one of my "newer" radios, an Airtronics 7P circa 1988 currently siting in an...
1
1

Re: O.S. FT 120 Gemini carb
Try Tower Hobbies engine services -- they probably have one available Cheers -- __________Lyman Slack_________/ ______AMA6430 IMAA1564___/ ____Flying Gators R/C______/ __Gainesville FL _________/
6
6

Re: Super Tigre Carb Tuning
Can you provide me some basic instructions on tuning my smaller (les than 120 sized) SuperTigre carburetor? To properly set up your carburetor, there are a few steps... Make sure the spraybar is set...
8
8

Futaba S3003 servo current draw?
What is the current draw on the servo while running? Not just the idel current. Know it will varry with load but a nominal value will be a good start. Tried the Futaba site to no avail. Thanks for any...
20
20

Lanier seabird 60
Boy, if i had it to do over again I would have never purchased this kit. The "instructions" horrible. I already screwed up the pylon mount fairing. I couldnt identify the parts from the plans. I cut...
1
1

Older Futaba T6XA Transmitter fully charged voltage ?
I have had this transmitter and the battery that came with it for many years now.. I'm curious what the fully charged voltage should be in the unit... IE: I seem to recall around 11.2 volts on the LCD...
19
19

Foam cutter
This is my second post about building a foam cutting hot wire. From the first, I found 9 sets of plans at: helpful. Of course, I had to do it my way, so I put together aspects from several of these...
37
37

Thunder Tiger GP40 manual anyone?
Hi everyone... I just got in this group and had a quick question. I recently got a Thunder Tiger GP40 engine from a friend, and I would like to get the manual. Does anyone have a scan or copy they can...
3
3

Anyone ever put a gas engine in a 25% Hangar9 CAP 232?
I've got a 25% Hangar9 CAP 232 with a Moki 1.20 in it. This is the 73" wingspan, 11.5 Lbs. ,blue/aqua/white, CAP 232 that Hanagar9 doesn't sell anymore. Bought it used a couple years ago. It's a great...
17
17

JR radio internal battery
I have an old JR radio that needs a new internal lithium battery. I opened the radio compartment to find a 3V button battery that is basically soldered in to the printed circuit board. As I did not...
53
53

Microdyne Super Atom any spares available?
I've just acquired a Microdyne Engines (Ray Arden) Super Atom spark ignition engine, it is the Mk 3 made in 1941. It is in good condition but is without its tank assembly and its hubsaft (a bolt...
1
1

Flaps on an Ultrastick
I spent all afternoon trying to get the flaps on my Ultasick the way I want, but didn't get it figured out. My radio is a Futaba 9C and the flaps are on channels 5 and 7. What I want to do is put the...
12
12

Plans for a Bud Nosen Aeronca Champ 40
Looking for a set of plans for a Bud Nosen Aeronca Champ 40 Kit build. Doc Ferguson
6
6

Senior Telemaster
I saw that the Senior Telemaster is now avvailable in A.R.F. form and comes with an electric motor all for $195.00. This sounds like a heck of a deal. I am getting back into r.c. flying and I need a...
44
44