Has anyone tried "Rapicon" glow fuel?

I live 25 miles from the nearest LHS, which sells only Morgan Cool Power and/or and Omega (very limited -if any- choice of nitro content) glow fuels at high prices.

I recently saw an advertisement for an imported product available via mail order at a decent price (15% Nitro at

Reply to
Robert Scott

nope. Lets us know. I hate to ask but, could you go out and fly some of it to test it for us? The 15% will do. :) mk (it was 19 deg. F here in Central Texas today)

Reply to
MJKolodziej

mk,

I'd love to give you a test report this weekend but the forecast is for similar or colder temps here. (Although here, we expect it in mid-January... no big deal.) And I'm just finishing up a really neat little E*Star Models PZL Wilga, so if I DID decide to brave the winter cold, I'd be flying the new electric model!

Does anyone mail-order fuel at all? I'm always on the lookout for an affordable source of fuel. My not-so-local hobby store caters to the indoor carpet racer electric car guys, and my small club doesn't do a group fuel buy.

I got in on a friend's club's group buy the year before last and picked up a few cases of gallons. Before that I scored SEVERAL cases of Wildcat at fantastic prices at a hobby shop in White Plains, NY when I attended the WRAM Show (coming up soon!) some years back. I was driving a big ol' Ford Crown Victoria land-yacht back then and I loaded her right up! I just checked and still have a single gallon of Wildcat 15% nitro "four stroke mix" from that purchase. I've never actually approached the LHS owner for a quote on a quantity purchase. I probably should do that.

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
Robert Scott

Hi, Whats the advantage of using a high nitro content in fuel?

Reply to
johnmichaelnicholas

Power...

Reply to
eshamble

The main advantage of nitro is the increased power. But even if you don't need the extra power, a little nitro can make your engine easier to start and adjust, especially in cold weather.

Reply to
Robert Roland

Nitro has the major effect of advancing the timing, thus the increased power in most engines. If you have an engine designed for low nitro, and use nitro, it can detonate, overheat and seize and burn up pistons and bad things like that. Increased heat, like the previous poster said, makes life easier while trying to operate in cold weather.

jim in nc

Reply to
Morgans