OT: But Very Funny Ebay Item

You have got to look at this Ryobi router table. The seller is perfectly honest about the "quality" of the offering. It makes a hilarious read. It also goes to show that people will bid on anything.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Johnson

ROTFLMAO.......again, and again, and......... when he started commenting on his email, I lost any control.... Do NOT drink coffee while reading this!

If Letterman/Leno saw this, they'd grab him in a heartbeat.

Thanks!

DC3

Reply to
DC3Gooney

Thanks so much for the link!

I can hardly type from laughing so hard ... :-O

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Oh, yes! This guy can write, even if he can't rout. :-P

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

last weeks news.

the seller was interviewed on NPR

Reply to
tater schuld

OK, that is about the funniest thing I have read in I dont know how long.

Reply to
Fubar

Ya, I herd about it on This American Life. Still a good one though.

Dirtnap

LOL!

In a similar vein:

This guy got FOUR FREAKING THOUSAND DOLLARS for a wedding dress he could have bought at a thrift shop for $50!

--- Rich

Rich Lockyer

Rich,

He SOLD it for $3850.00, (originally bought it for $1200.00). Not a bad return on his investment.......and national media attention to boot! --

Jim L.

Using - Virtual Access(OLR), ZAP 4.5, & WinXP Pro w/SP1

Reply to
Jim Lilly

That's what I was saying... he got nearly 4 grand for it. We don't know that he paid $1200 for it... he COULD have bought it for $50 at a thrift store.

--- Rich

Rich Lockyer

Rich,

Nothing is for certain, but he DID state $1200.00 --

Jim L.

Using - Virtual Access(OLR), ZAP 4.5, & WinXP Pro w/SP1

Reply to
Jim Lilly

He didn't get a dime for it. The winning bidder didn't pay up.

Reply to
John Alt

The auction only closed 4 days ago, and neither person has new feedback. Both have 100% positive feedback (one neutral for sending the wrong item but he fixed the problem).

Many people wait until after getting positive feedback before leaving feedback... the seller switched to preapproved bidders.

--- Rich

Rich Lockyer

I'm going what I saw on MSNBC two nights ago. They interviewed the guy.

Reply to
John Alt

Geez, if you picked the right girl you could have bought a nice of RC gear instead with that - and had a lot more fun

David - who admittedly might have only got one days (flight) use out of a $4K plane - whew a crash to remember, but more fun than a wedding I reckon

Reply to
quietguy