OT Computer orientation

I want to operate a Dell (XPS 330) as a data logger in my Battery Lab. Any problem with mounting it laying on its side under the work bench?

Red S. Red's R/C Battery Clinic snipped-for-privacy@batteryclinic.com

Reply to
Red Scholefield

| I want to operate a Dell (XPS 330) as a data logger in my Battery Lab. Any | problem with mounting it laying on its side under the work bench?

No.

The only problems with mounting any modern PC in a `wierd' manner are that either :

1) you're blocking the air inlets our outlets, or 2) any CDs you put into the holder may not stay there.

As for #2, some drives have clips that will hold a CD in place, but most don't.

But beyond that, no problems. Hard drives haven't cared about their orientation in a while.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

P.S.

Make sure you get good air circulation. Don't block air intakes or exits. Prop it up on blocks if you have to.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Point well taken!

I left a CD in the drive on a computer I was running sideways. It made a huge mess when it tried to eject itself. :o(

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Reply to