OT How do I make a 5 point star?

I'd like to put a star on the side of the house in strings of Christmas lights. I have 5 strands 18' each. I wrongly put tie-wraps(zip ties) at 1/3 intervals(6') I basically need 2 lengths. the long side of the outside triangles and the side lengths of the pentagram in the middle. TIA mk

Reply to
MK

It's simple enough trig, but you can figure it out using 3 18 inch pieces of string and 10 T-pins and your pinboard.

Reply to
Steve Banks
360/5=72 degrees between each leg or point
Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High
18' * 3 / 5 = 10.8'. You should be able to arrange 5 nails in star formation that are 10.8 feet apart and have just enough lights to complete the star.

But the pinboard approach fufilled th OB requirement ;)

"Six_O'Clock_High" > lights.

Reply to
Steve Banks

PhotoFiltre has a nice one in "Load Shapes".

-- Bob

Reply to
Bob Adkins