OT I've got a shop, comes with snakes

OT I've got a shop, comes with snakes and black widows.
I haven't been flying much this summer, wrecked a few..... Anyway, I've
been busy, bought a house, got married, moving two households. BUT, I've got a shop. I had been building in my son's room of our two bdrm apt, he slept in my room. We bought a 5 bdrm house on 7 acres(2 miles north of Hamilton TX) with a shop, woo hoo! Thurs night my son's out at the shop where I had parked looking for something, I go to join him and see a snake. It comes at me, does a 180 goes for him, then ducks against the slab of the shop. Kinda reddish snake with bands. Copperhead, not good. It's dark, .410 and .22 and or shells for each are packed somewhere. They'll turn up after I buy new ones. So I got in the garage, not really looking for the gun, we've lost a trombone too.(whole 'nuther story) As my new wife pops her head in the garage( it' not a garage it's a game room she says) my son says" was it poisonous?" I whisper "shut up" louder he says ":was it poisonous?" My wife says " did you see a snake!!!" "yes dear(I got that down). After she finds out it was a copperhead and I didn't kill it she freaks, finds the .22 like magic and is going out there, shell or not. So I grab my new 8 iron. I wrestle the flashlight away from her and meet my son out there who had set my car alarm off looking for .22 shells. He's stomping around the grass with a half of a fishing pole. I ask him as if he's my caddy if my club is right for this shot, she hears and freaks again"YOU BETTER TAKE THIS MORE SERIOUSLY" she really wants the snake dead. Chris finds the snake up against the concrete slab of the shop, takes a few pops at it, I think it was laughing at him. I take my 8 iron, and bam, now there a big ding in my new club from the concrete! I'm so pissed that I kill the snake. I catch hell the rest of the night, most of the next day for being a "city boy" and not killing the snake right away. I guess I read National Geographic too much. Sat. Morning she sees foxes and calls me, as she's telling me I ask, " do we kill foxes?" She said no, they're cute.

lmao! funny stuff, thanks for posting it :-)
Thanks! I was having one of those days where I needed a laugh..

LOL! Sounds very similar to the night I killed one of the possums that pissed on my bench from up in the rafters. Standing in the garage in my skivies stabbing the hell outta this big Radiation Rat with my rapier while screaming, GOT YOU, MUTHAF$#KER!!! at 1 am in the morning. Found out they dont die too easily. Had the thing skewered on the end of the rapier, trying to hold it upwards and open the trashcan lid at the same time. Meanwhile, this smelly rat on steroids is actually pulling itself down the blade towards me. I swear the thing was foaming at the mouth and growling like a pitbull. Bout this time, my girlfriend sticks her head cautiously around the corner of the house to see who is winning. "Kind of a tie at the moment, hon, can you open the trashcan lid for me?" She does, I flip the the sucker off the blade into the can and put a big rock on the lid figuring that its gonna die in minutes but why take chances? I go in the house, grab my .22 (figure it was the quietest firearm I had and the AR-15 might be overkill) pop the lid and pop a couple of rounds into the musty assed thing for good measure. Next day I come out and Arnold Possumeager is still alive, more pissed than ever, and growling like BIG pitbull. I grab the .22, and put one in its head figuring THAT would have to do it! Later that night....
I hear a familar rustling in the garage again! Not knowing the # of a good excorsist, I grab the .22 (looking longingly at the M1 Garand but figuring the P.D. might object) and nail this sucker climbing up the inside back wall of the garage. It drops, laying motionless. I grab a welding glove figuring to drop it back into the trashcan (planning to seal that can, dig a pit in the backyard, bury it, bless the site and salt the earth before pouring a foot thick slab of concrete over it). Picking this thing up by its tail, I am suddenly reminded where the term Playing Possum comes from as it suddenly becomes very much alive and PO'd. Imagine my scream of sheer horror as I sprint to the can and fling the snarling ball of matted stink back into the can! Grab the .22 and empty the magazine into the nightmare. Ya know, in Sunland, nobody seems to hear firearms in the wee hours of the am? I spend the rest of the night lunging bolt upright in bed, screaming, "Did you hear that"? Turns out there were actually two possums (once I got up the nerve to check out the can next day), Daddy and Mama Possum. Possums... I hate possums... They are NOT cute. Oh yeah, screw the .22, next time Im grabbing the .45 with the Black Talons...
--
Dan
KE6ERB

I've
he
dark,
up
the
After
the
my
think
National
That might work with a wild possum but we have city possums and they are a different breed. Why would they go to the woods when we have all those Hometown Buffet type trashcans and plates of cat food laying around? I opened the door one night to the sight of 3 skunks fighting over a plate of dry Friskies. Was pretty funny in retrospect but not so funny while standing there at ground zero. Ive been sprayed once. You DONT want to repeat THAT experience. I figure its open season on the Crites these days. If it aint a cat, BANG BANG, SPLAT!
--
Dan
KE6ERB

I've
he
dark,
up
the
After
the
my
think
National
LOL!!!

I've
he
dark,
up
the
After
the
my
think
National
One more thing I forgot, we found the thing trying to eat this ladies poodle. That's why the attempted KO started. Copper

snake.
the
her
says"
poisonous?"
the
who
snake
it
my

He killed a rat snake. A RAT snake! LOL!
Bob
Bob, Did you really HAVE to burst his macho bubble?

Uh...did I mention that it was probably the deadly Indonesian 2-step rat snake? You know what they say. "Red next to brown, put you 6 feed down".
Bob
Bob Adkins wrote:

Yup, sure sounds like a Texas or Great Plains Rat Snake. They and other Corn Snake species are often confused with Copperheads. If he was there then the shop most likely has a rodent problem. Bet you'll catch quite a few mice if you put out mouse traps.

Yea, but if you forget to run your traps, you get a real stink. Snakes take care of the problem more neatly. They even the eat fleas and all.
Bob
Absolutely HALARIOUS stories. ROTFLMFHO!!!!! I sure hope that there aren't any PETA dudes that monitor this group.

snake.
the
her
says"
poisonous?"
the
who
snake
it
my
Me wrote in message Absolutely HALARIOUS stories. ROTFLMFHO!!!!! I sure hope that there aren't any PETA dudes that monitor this group.
Hey, I belong to PETA, "People Eating Tasty Animals" :-)
Tom Wales AMA 435536
Oh, yea, I'm a member of that group also!

I'm a vegetarian. Steak is my favorite vegetable.
Bob