OT: latest pix from Mars

http://www.customcutgrafix.com/Mars1.jpg

I looked really close to see if I could find that plane that got out of control on full throttle...
Funny! If you pan to the left, the next thing you'll see is a Waffle House!

MArs is in Texas/Louziana/'Bama and Jawja? Well, bless my soul!
Robert McCoy wrote:

funny, I was sure we was in wisconsin
--
Tater
President of MARS Club (NAR #660)

Why not just go to the source?
http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/index.html
--
Paul McIntosh
Desert Sky Model Aviation

Those rocks look to be severely sandblasted, with very fine sand.
Bob
Because the "source" doesn't have the doctored photos. If you want to see Hummers or Mcdonalds on Mars, you won't see it at the NASA site!!

NASA has been showing photos with a red shift, so much so that one photo with the NASA logo, the logo was a ruddy red instead of blue! Seems they think the public should see a red martian sky, it's actually a pale blue. Kinda like ours on a very very humid day except maybe a bit darker. At least thats what I recall years ago from Viking and Pathfinder photo's.

Doesn't matter anymore. It died.

Not dead yet! But it certainly seems to be on the critical list.
Chuck
That's incorrect. The Martian sky is actually red and not blue. The mistake was made when the very first photos from Mars were received years ago and were grey scale. The engineers who colourised them got it wrong and added too much blue to make the sky seem familiar but wondered why the landscape had an odd colour. These incorrect photos were released to the public but the mistake was picked up within a day and the correct colouring was released the next day. The only time the Martian sky is blue is at sunset so it's the opposite to what we're familiar with. Even professional astronomers process photos through Adobe Photoshop to enhance the colours. All this info was in an issue of New Scientist magazine some time ago.
Brian Hampton Adelaide, South Oz
Sport_Pilot wrote:

That, I think, was an old theory. The scientists now prettyy much agree that the sky is blue even mid day since color corrected images have shown this to be so. There is a red tinge and it can turn completly red depending on the amount of dust in the air. However the Nasa logo should definately be blue, not red. See the following link.
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=mars+%22blue+sky%22&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm 971016033001.XAA16264%40ladder02.news.aol.com&rnum=2