OT: latest pix from Mars

I looked really close to see if I could find that plane that got out of control on full throttle...

Reply to
GuW

Funny! If you pan to the left, the next thing you'll see is a Waffle House!

Reply to
Robert McCoy

Reply to
Black Cloud

Why not just go to the source?

Paul McIntosh

Those rocks look to be severely sandblasted, with very fine sand.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Adkins

Reply to
Black Cloud

MArs is in Texas/Louziana/'Bama and Jawja? Well, bless my soul!

Robert McCoy wrote:

Reply to
Roger

funny, I was sure we was in wisconsin

Reply to
tater schuld

NASA has been showing photos with a red shift, so much so that one photo with the NASA logo, the logo was a ruddy red instead of blue! Seems they think the public should see a red martian sky, it's actually a pale blue. Kinda like ours on a very very humid day except maybe a bit darker. At least thats what I recall years ago from Viking and Pathfinder photo's.

Reply to
Sport_Pilot

Doesn't matter anymore. It died.

Reply to
Boris

Not dead yet! But it certainly seems to be on the critical list.

Chuck

Reply to
C.O.Jones

That's incorrect. The Martian sky is actually red and not blue. The mistake was made when the very first photos from Mars were received years ago and were grey scale. The engineers who colourised them got it wrong and added too much blue to make the sky seem familiar but wondered why the landscape had an odd colour. These incorrect photos were released to the public but the mistake was picked up within a day and the correct colouring was released the next day. The only time the Martian sky is blue is at sunset so it's the opposite to what we're familiar with. Even professional astronomers process photos through Adobe Photoshop to enhance the colours. All this info was in an issue of New Scientist magazine some time ago.

Brian Hampt> NASA has been showing photos with a red shift, so much so that one

Reply to
Brian

That, I think, was an old theory. The scientists now prettyy much agree that the sky is blue even mid day since color corrected images have shown this to be so. There is a red tinge and it can turn completly red depending on the amount of dust in the air. However the Nasa logo should definately be blue, not red. See the following link.

Reply to
Sport_Pilot