OT: means Off Topic

Suggestion "Off Topic Posts", start the subject line with OT. That way if people who don't want to weigh in on the subject, they can just skip it.

Reply to
Phil

ehhh, see the subject : Eleven thousand Americans this clearly tells us that so many folks dont have anything to do. Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Scherrer

Good suggestion, I have another. Just don't reply to 'em. If they aren't propagated they will soon disappear. Gord Schindler MAAC6694

Reply to
Gord Schindler

Better to use [OT], without a colon.

You'll notice that when Gord replied to your post, the OT disappeared. That's because some newsreaders trim everyth>Good suggestion, I have another. Just don't reply to 'em. If they aren't

Agreed, sorta.

Thread drift happens.

People like to talk with their friends.

Folks who want to preach (or troll, as the case may be) are unlikely to observe the OT etiquette anyway.

Life goes on.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

The voice of "Thomas Scherrer" drifted in on the cyber-winds, from the sea of virtual chaos...

That's where content filters come into play... I mean realy, when was the last time you saw a valid thread in this group with the keyword "Americans" in the subject?

Reply to
Maxx Pollare