OT: Question of American vernacular usage?

I don't know the guy, but if I run into him I hope I am driving at the time. He sounds like a bit of a jerk.

Reply to
Tom Watson

It may come as a surprise to you but, even the children of illegal aliens (people here without government approval) are REQUIRED to attend school K-12. Just like all the minorities, whites included!

Reply to
C.O.Jones

YOU don't want me, no.

But I have yet to be convinced you are are part of any group larger than one.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

"C.O.Jones" posted message IDon Fri, 9 Jul 2004 16:37:27 -0400

My hope is that, when faced with his multiple contradictions, his tiny brain explodes. Fortunately, this will not affect david much, as he apparently has no use for logical thought.

Reply to
Todd Klondike

Reminds me of the birthday card I saw in the humor section....

Head cook berating assistant cook who is stand in front of a cake with smelly lines above the cake and flies swirling around above, saying " I said SHEET cake, you idiot."

David

Reply to
David AMA40795 / KC5UH

Maybe but in his case, brains being gunpowder, would he be able to blow his nose?

Reply to
C.O.Jones

Now THAT fits!

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

Looks like we have different values Tom - yours about about promoting violence and causing harm - mine are about peace - at least after the crap you wrote above we can see why you support the slaughter those yanks seem to enjoy.

Funny how those who have no good argument resort to personal attacks when they engage in debate with someone a bit smarter.

David - who disagrees with Toms views, but would wish him any harm

Reply to
quietguy

Septic tanks = yanks = containers of shit - geez don't you know nuthin?

Reply to
quietguy

"C.O.Jones" posted message IDon Fri, 9 Jul 2004 22:36:32 -0400

We will never know, as david has promised to stfu.

Reply to
Todd Klondike

quietguy posted message IDon Sat, 10 Jul

2004 21:55:25 +1000

I see...that was supposed to be an insult? Unfortunately, it was not effective enough to catch my notice. Please point out further attempts so that I may enjoy them properly. Also, while you're at it, could you explain your insult in light of this statement?

It appears that you have no good argument, and have resorted to personal attacks because you've engaged in debate with someone a bit smarter.

And one last thing. Explain your continued presence in this conversation in light of this statement:

bye

David - who will now only write about RC planes - I am quitting while I am ahead" ? David.

In addition to being unable to keep your word, it appears you were a bit hasty in declaring victory. Silly asstralian.

Reply to
Todd Klondike

Well, this was an interesting little squabble, for my fellow Americans, calm down. The support for our prez is hovering around 50% so even in our own country I would not say "united we stand". No matter what the support of the citizens of Great Britain was, this was the only European country that gave full support for our actions following

9/11 and they also gave full support for the Iraq invasion. During the Regan years we must remember who our only friend in Europe was then too. Now to Australia, this country has also stood beside us for a very long time. Friends have disagreements and heated debates, but in the end hopefully the friendship endures. Without a common enemy to focus our attentions and hold us to a common goal it is inevitable that our individual needs and desires will conflict and be more likely to cause tensions and disagreements. I think there is room for questions to be asked and even a little fun to be poked at each other without setting off a major conflict among friends around the world.

While I am very proud to be an American, I will often tell the folk that have moved to Texas ...... Anyone can become an American, but you have to be born a Texan .....

Lets have fun together instead of fighting with each other.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie H.

Great idea, Charlie. Except for one fly in the ointment- one little pit yorkie, without provocation, keeps yip-yapping at the Big Dog's heels. So he ought not be suprized if once in a while the Big Dog turns around and bites back. All in fun, of course. Bill(oc)

Reply to
Bill Sheppard

SNIP .

David, Your abject hypocrisy is showing again and making you look like just another easily misled fool.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

I certainly agree with you on this one Charlie

Best wishes

David - who was hav> Lets have fun together instead of fighting with each other.

Reply to
quietguy

The difference is Tom values his freedoms above all and is willing to fight to preserve them. You quite obviously value peace above all. To the point where you would sacrifice your freedoms for a little momentary peace. A very wise man once said that because of this you deserve neither peace nor liberty!

Reply to
C.O.Jones

Charlie, I would agree with you except for a select bunch of blighters who would rather attack my country instead of talking about modeling. First they use foul language, then they complain about it getting nasty.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

Its just Cockney Rhyming Slang, that's all.

So 'Nuns' might be 'Nuns habits=rabbits' with no implication as to the sexual proclivity of the aforesaid group.

Its important to point out, that if you persist in behaving as though the rest of the world hates you, they usually end up doing so.

That in itself s not a problem. Howber problems do occur when you entertain tow mutually exclusive concepts simultaneously.

i.e. 'The rest of the world is comprised of ignorant undeducated low life UNIMPORTANT non-Americans' and 'the rest of the world contains huge quantities of resources and cheap labour on which America has IMPORTANTLY come to depend'

Essentially, you can't have it both ways without a struggle.

Welcome to teh 21st century...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

One mans freedom is another mans oppression.

You want to be free to steal from someone else. That doesn't make him feel very free. I like to be free to point this out. You want to feel free to imnsult and denigrate me and call me unfree for saying it.

Seems as stupid an illogical as most of the rest of the bollocks that is used to justify pissing on someone else.

Freedom, taken out of context, is a completely spurious concept.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

On the flip side, if you continue to behave as if you hate us, eventually we'll believe you! And eventually you'll convince us that perhaps we need to do something to preserve our way of life! That is, protect it from the likes of you! At which time, you will be the looser!

Reply to
C.O.Jones