Re: OT: COWBOY LOGIC vs. SIERRA CLUB LOGIC

A few years ago them dudes decided that alligators were getting too scarce and got rules passed that protected them. Now the alligators eat kids and there are more of them victims of road kill than the common house cat. snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (broke=not working, retired=not working, retired=broke)

Reply to
Brokebob

Bold talk with such a pond to hide behind! Try saying that anywhere in rural America. Assuming of course, you ever come back!

Reply to
C.O.Jones

Best PETA story I ever saw was the group that went on down to Mexico to protest bullfighting. They actually linked arms and sat down in the middle of the arena. Now, which target do you think an enraged bull is going to pick? The matador or the row of sitting ducks? I think they all survived but it was about the funniest thing I have ever seen. "Set em up in the other alley!" Since they all lived I dont think they qualified for the Darwin Awards for that year.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

COWBOYS wouldn't be caught dead near sheep! Read the stories about the range wars in the west when the sheep farmers fenced the ranges.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

You can still have loads of fun today:

MJC

Reply to
MJC

There you go again butting in where you have no knowledge whatsoever. You really are stupid Paul. The sheep guys today get on simply fine with the cow guys. And historically fences had nothing at all to do with any conflicts between sheep guys and cow guys. So why do you not shut up and go away asshole? You left this country and we are glad of it. Now stay away.

Reply to
flyrcalot

Sheep Farmers? How does one farm sheep Paul? Do you plant a little ball of yarn and water it to make it grow?

It was the dirt farmers who fenced the range in. Sheep liked the open range as much as the cows did. But the biggest problem was that the sheep, like you, were too stupid to know when to quit an area and move on. And they stink to high heaven!

Reply to
C.O.Jones

Reply to
Troy Stark

Heheh, well cowboys are like any other group, except given their profession they know better to stick their foot in their mouth after walking through the pasture. ;-)

Personally I would really like see someone suggest I or anyone need castration up close an personal.

----------

Eric Kler FUBAR Hill -

FUBAR Hill

Do a google search on it (like I did before posting to refresh my memory) and see passages like this: "Only 7 years before the above photo, on April 2, 1909, the last armed conflict between cattlemen and sheep growers occured in the Nowood Valley at Spring Creek, 7 miles southeast of Ten Sleep. In the "Spring Creek Raid," seven masked riders raided Joe Allemand's sheep camp, killing Allemand, his nephew Joe Lazier and Jules Emge and burning their two sheep wagons. The raid was supposedly motivated by Allemand's bringing his herd of 5,000 sheep into the Nowood Valley which cattle interests had declared off limits to sheep. (Webmaster's note: The usual rule is, "Fence sheep in, fence cattle out.") "

Or: Nov 15th: On this day in 1906 a meeting in Canyon City brought the end to the bloody ten-year conflict between the cattlemen and the sheepmen of eastern Oregon. During the "Sheepshooters War", thousands of sheep and several sheepmen were shot on the open range east of Prineville.

or: from: Making a Living with a Rifle and a Running Iron The Hashknife Outfit by Jo Baeza Range wars between Texas cattlemen and Spanish sheepmen raged on in the St. Johns area. The county government in St. Johns was corrupt, inefficient and in debt. (Apache County included all of what is now both Navajo And Apache Counties until 1894).

There was even a big screen movie about it: MONTANA, (1950) Sheep rancher Errol Flynn leaves his native Australia to start a new life in America, but upon arriving in the sprawling Montana Territory finds himself in the middle of a violent range war between sheepherders and cattlemen. Fast-paced frontier drama also stars Alexis Smith, Douglas Kennedy, S.Z. Sakall. 77 min

Ok, I have covered Montana, Oregon, Wyoming and Arizona.

PS, My uncle was a cattle rancher in California (Boskovitch Ranch near Galt) and I also lived for a time in DuBois, Wyoming.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

I lived for a time in Duboise, Wyoming. It isn't much of a cattle or sheep town. Oil and natural gas were the big thing then. I had several cousins working the oilfields and a couple of uncles driving trucks.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

ARe you a sheep guy or cow guy?

Reply to