Latest threads in ✈ RC aircraft modelsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Figuring c of g on a biplane?
Anyone have a link to a site or, can just explain how to figure the balance on a biplane. I can find the MAC of a wing and the balance point at whatever percentage or range I need. But I need to know...
6
6

Re: Engine stall while doing aerobatics
I second that! Happened to me twice (two different planes) in one week. On this tank: clunk jammed in that little budge all the way forward. I put some wire in the clunk tube to keep it rearward. On...
1
1

Re: Multiplex Moviestar
has 'em for $116 and change. Rein Multiplex Moviestar twin motor electric. Anyone know where I can find one of these in the US or at least somewhere that will ship one to the US?
1
1

Re: Recipe for a crash?
Boo, I think I got the picture. The advice given by just about everybody is that don't turn downwind with low altitude and not enough power. Everyone have put it clearly and in a very nice way. I have...
3
3

prop ate my friend up
Check out the picture on our web page of my friend that was holding an airplane from behind with a Magnum 1.80 on it. It was his plane and the firewall came out. The engine swung around when the...
5
5

Re: Funtana on the way
Flown one with an OS 50 and a 12x4 prop. Excellent flying plane. ...until the firewall came out! B > a806b

Re: Filling Wings?
Paul has the rights of it. In my case (lazy builder) if thick CA won't join, I wedge scrap balsa in the cracks and wick thin CA in araound it all and sand or file to perfection once its dry (about 5...
3
3

Re: Watts per Pound?
and 30W per pound will fly like a GWS tigermoth :-) Its not *quite* that simple tho. The wttas per pound does two things - overcomes the drag, and any surplus gets to lifte the mass of teh aircraft...
9
9

Re: building a model airplane
Not only the "weak minded" call it "Lite-ply". The people who make it call it that. It's a registered trade name. Ken Day
6
6

Re: Co-Pilot (FMA Direct)
Sand57 wrote: to David ... Just what I would like now actually Only yesterday I discovered the SPADS sites - just love em and will build one as soon as I decise which is best, for me. I have lots of...
8
8

Re: Gas Engine Electronics
Great set of RULES for those who don't HAVE ignition systems provided by your sponsors. The shields can be acquired for several ignition makers and are reasonably effective at stopping spark splatter,...
5
5

Re: Bell Cranks- which is best
Forget about bellcranks, Install some small servos out in the wings. Much better.
7
7

Re: Prop for U can du and Os 61fx
What prop can I put to my U can du with a OS 61FX? =========================== If you're willing to pay $8 for experimentation, try the APC 13x4W "3D Fun Fly" series. I had to order mine from Quantum....
4
4

Re: Who besides Tower?
They probably have a warehouse full of them with crushed left wings. Ed Cregger
5
5

SuperTigre 2500
I have a SuperTigre 2500, new, never run, but heavily fondled ;-) Unfortunately, I have no paperwork or instructions of any kind for it. Would someone out there be so kind as to share a few pointers...
6
6