Latest threads in AutoCAD discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

elevation lisp
Does anyone have a lisp routing to put all drawings that are on different planes on the same plane. I have a drawing where there are multiple part drawings and they are all on different planes. I need...
5
5

import into excel??
Can anyone tell me how to import a .dwg file into Excel? I have a number of drawings i want to add to a spreadsheet regards fred evans

Which AutoCad Product to Learn & Master ???
Dear Brothers & Sisters, I am a total newbie at Cad. I would like to kindly ask you of all the Skills that is gained from each of the AutoDesk products, which one is the most marketable ? Furthermore...
2
2

DRAWING ERATIC
I am using autocad 2002 for some reason th mouse is very eratic it seems to jump like it was in snap mode when trying to draw. Can someone guide me, maybe I triggered a command ,I am fairly new at...
6
6

All Autodesk blogs on the same page
Autodesk has more and more blogs and the complete list has been published by Shaan Hurley on his...blog. To make things easier, CADxp offers you a single page where the latest 50 messages from...

Best Notebook Configuration for AutoCad?
I am interested in replacing a desktop (Celeron) and a notebook (Thinkpad T21) with a new notebook computer for my daughter who uses AutoCad. I would like to know what size hard drive and how much...
9
9

Alt keys for architext.shx font
Where can I get the alt keys for font, such as =BD, =D8 and etc.?

AutoCAD 14 pipe and duct add-ons
Comments on AutoCAD Inventor please. and learning curve from AutoCAD 14, fairly good, but not much 3D skill at all. Does inventor draw pipe for you in 3D automatically? or do I need an add on. I am...
1
1

Autodesk Gets Busted Must Pay $18 Million
The Associated Press reports Microsoft and Autodesk were found guilty of "infringing" a patent (they stole something). What was the patent for? The article indicates Autodesk stold what we call the...
1
1

Layer Entity Data
How can I make lisp return entity data for a known layer that can then be passed to the entmod command to modify the layer? I tried: (tblsearch "layer" layname) But this doesn't seem to return enough...
7
7

Smal boat plan
Where can i find free plans for small motor boat (2 persons): 4-6 meters? Thanks.

Importing Tif file
Hi, I have a series of scanned drawings in Tif format. I want to import them into AutoCad and then edit, scale etc. When I use the Open command and look in the directory containing the files, I cannot...
17
17

DIM anotations (the numbers) not printing
I am using AutoCAD 14, at home, and my files print well on my HP office ink jet, everything but the annotations in the dimensions... the dim lines show fine, other text shows well. I spend a few hours...
2
2

Fonts
Is there a way to take a ttf font and convert it to an shx usable font. I have to find Kuenstler 480 BT Roman font and be able to use in autocad for a sign we are cutting.
7
7

what's a KIP?
pertaining to weld strength. I have never seen it before, I assume its metric strength like Kilo per meter thanks Rob
6
6