Latest threads in AutoCAD discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

CLIPPING PLANES
I haven't used clipping planes all that much, I am drawing 3d industrial buildings complete with equipment & process piping. is there a way to create clipping planes in an elevation view & have the...
1
1

All newly drawn lines are dashed now?
I must've hit a wrong setting. Every new line I draw (only in this one particular project) comes in as a dashed (hidden) line even though the Layers Properties Manager shows it as a continuous line....
3
3

looking for shortcuts
I got another rookie question for ya..... Is there a way to calculate the total length of a certain line type in a drawing? without selecting it all? I'm drawing a layout of a piece of land, and there...
2
2

drawing 3d objects from plan & elevation views
i'm a newbie at autocad and i need to know how (if possible) to draw a 3d object if you are given 2 views, say, plan & elevation of the object.
6
6

plans to GIF or PNG
I want to take a residential floor plan and be able to make GIFs, or JPGs, or PNGs. PDF I can do. I can cut from acad into Irfranview, but surely there is a better way. opinions?

cad programms /cd-rs - ftp/
all new cad programms on cd-rs / ftp (

possible to make legend??
I'm sort of new to AutoCad, and I've made a drawing that I'd like to attach a legend to. I've used about 4 different hatches that I'd like to include, but I can't figure out how to inherit the...
9
9

Re: Bitmap and rendering problem
Anyone??
4
4

2006 highlighted objects
you know how when you drag your curser over an object it highlights it? sometimes that object is a huge block or xref. is there a way to disable it completely?

Re: MIRROR IMAGE
Why not just mirror the half you have in model space?
1
1

11x17
hi Folks, Just got a used hp 4MV laser printer and am now realizing that the plotting configuration setups are a conspiracy by a**odesk and HP to drive simple cad drafters to the point of...

Autocad 2000, Logitech MX1000 Mouse...no pan function?
Hey Folks... Just recently reinstalled Autocad 2000 as I haven't been drafting up some houses for a couple of years...anyways, I can't seem to get the "realtime" pan function to work with the logitech...
3
3

plotting 2006
coming from 2000i & migrating to 2006.. what's the trick to plotting monochrome or gray scale? the option is gone from the plot page. thanks Rob
2
2

DWF 3D
I want to create a dwf file 3d with atuocad 2006. Which is the correct procedure? I publish a 3d dwg but the dwf file is only 2D!! Thanks Marco
1
1

batch plotting
I had always ignored batch plotting because most of the time my files have about 4 sheets. Tabs were good enough. I am getting lazy in my old age. It seems like the plot command would interrupt a lips...