O.T. - B -size desktop accessories

This is kinda off-topic, but here goes. Most all the work we produce anymore is done on B-size paper (tabloid, 11x17). I get redlines throughout the day
on several different projects for several different engineers. I have been looking for something like the basic inbox, you know, those stackable molded plastic things the secretaries use. But I can't seem to find a supplier who makes them in the larger sizes. Do any of you have any suggestions? So far I have only been looking in the basic office supply catalogs. TIA Steve
Never seen one for sale. It looks like that would be a good woodwork project. Not hard to make. Use nice wood and it will be a mark of distinction.

anymore
day
molded
who

Oddly enough, http://www.11x17.com /
They say they have "11x17 Stackable Wire Desk Baskets, IN STOCK".
http://www.11x17.com/Product.htm?ProductIDc
--
Al

Thank you. I will check it out. Steve

anymore
day
molded
who
I do a ton of 11x17 projects too (about 100/year). BTW, I've ordered stuff from www.11x17.com before and they've been great.
I don't use the wire baskets (they look sorta flimsy to me?) but I do have an 11x17 bin for each current project (well, I have 14 bins but need to get a couple more since sometimes I've got 18-20 projects going at one time). Anyway, I have the heavy duty 11x17 plastic stackable "inboxes" made by Eldon (there isn't a model number on them but I could track it down if you need it). They're just like the common 8-1/2x11 ones, only bigger, much more sturdy, and deeper (each is 5-1/4"h with a usable height when stacked of 4-1/2"). They're hard to find and can be sort of spendy (best price I've ever found was $35 each).
On the topic of good things to use with 11x17 projects...... I have 5 or 6 of the 3 ring binders, though they don't fit inside my briefcase so I rarely use them. I do use the 11x17 file folders. Once a project is done it goes into a file folder and is stored in a file cabinet and then into a bankers box. I don't use the 11x17 hanging file folders but have considered them, but they run ~$60 for 25 (IIRC) and my "system" seems to work fine without adding the cost of a bunch of hanging files. Whenever I give a client prints I always put them into a 12x18 white "stay flat" (sort of a sturdy cardboard envelope - I order mine from U-Line and they run ~$70 per 100). I had a self inking stamp made with my comapny logo that I stamp onto the outside of the "stay flat" to dress it up a little. The "stay flat" helps protect the prints and adds a professional touch.
I have used the 11x17 sheet protectors but other than for a portfolio I haven't had much use for them. I do give them to builders occassionally for the job site prints to help keep them from getting ruined so easily.
HTH and I'd love to hear anyone else's ideas for handling 11x17's.
Michael (LS)
Thanks for the tips, Michael. I looked at 11x17.com but all they carried were the wire baskets you mentioned. I agree that I would like something a little more substantial. I tried several searches for something similar from Eldon, but had no luck. Any help there would be appreciated. As to other methods of dealing with 11x17, we had a large cabinet with 12 drawers 18" wide by about 14" deep built. These have rails to suspend hanging files. They work o.k., but the hanging files aren't great if you get to much weight in them. Also kinda flimsey. But it is better than nothing. Steve

been
the
stuff
get
I've
but
seems
Whenever
run
for

from
get
I did a quick look at my bookmarks and found this: http://www.keysan.com/~keysan/ksu0156.htm They have the trays I use (IIRC, Eldon is owned by Rubbermaid now). They also sell a set of 5 with a top and casters as a mobile Data/Printer cart.
I've never ordered from them (Keysan) though so I don't can't comment on the company.
HTH,
Michael (LS)

12
nothing.
the
OK, I also found them here: http://www.staples.com/Catalog/Browse/Sku.asp?PageType=1&Sku=RUB18041

carried
something
similar
you
They
cart.
Thanks SO much. This is just what I was looking for. You are a scholar and a gentleman. Steve