What is a good 3D freeware CAD program for modifying this DXF camber jig drawing?

Do you have experience with 3D CAD freeware on Windows to help advise me? o What 3D CAD freeware might work well for this simple DXF style drawing?
<
https://i.postimg.cc/fTGxCP62/camber01.jpg

The reason I ask is that, often, the expense of complex freeware packages is in learning multiple GUIs just to hone in on the one freeware program that does the necessary basic tasks well.
I have a need to modify this DXF drawing which prompted this question... <
https://i.postimg.cc/fTGxCP62/camber01.jpg

I had provided a friend with a verbal description of the basic outline where she hacked out this DXF drawing for me for a home DIY wheel jig for accurately measuring caster, camber and toe at home for DIY alignment purposes. <http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=g137aad201bca66d21000173620215319116e7ff7e4 [That uploaded DXF will be deleted in a week though.]
That friend only uses professional software, so she was unable to advise me as to which Windows freeware would be suitable for subsequently modifying her DXF drawing to add the pins, handles, and other necessary trim & shapes.
The main question is whether there's an acknowledge functional leader in freeware 3D CAD for the Windows platform.
Googling, I found these three "may" be the best 3D freeware CAD programs o AutoCAD <https://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/autocad o Blender <https://www.blender.org/download/ o FreeCAD <https://www.freecadweb.org/
Since Blender and FreeCAD didn't require an account, I tested them first: o Blender <
https://i.postimg.cc/LXmX8tG3/camber02.jpg
o FreeCAD <
https://i.postimg.cc/QMJ8wBV9/camber03.jpg
Since I wasn't able to download yet a free version of AutoCAD, and since I'm brand spanking new to CAD drawing software, I figured I'd ask on the net to see if anyone here has enough experience with 3D CAD software to recommend the most functional freeware for this type of basic design.
Do you have experience with 3D CAD freeware on Windows to help advise me? o What 3D CAD freeware might work well for this simple DXF style drawing? <
https://i.postimg.cc/fTGxCP62/camber01.jpg

On 31/05/2019 10:17:37... Arlen G. Holder ( snipped-for-privacy@nospam.net) wrote :

IMHO, FreeCad is better than Blender (Blender is a great software for rendering). I use sometimes FreeCAD to convert 3D drawings between different file type, because I use BriscCAD (paid license) for my 2D/3D activities - It's a low-price Autocad "clone", with a similar UI and same command. It saves in DWG native format (open-dwg) With FreeCAD I'm able to import files from other different 3D software (ie Solidworks, Solidedge, Rhinoceros etc.). So, at the end: I'm NOT an expert with FreeCAD but between your tested programs I can suggest to use it because more dedicated to 3D technical drawings). Hope this helps. BTW, BricsCAD has good 3D capabilities, and you can test it for 30 (or 45??) days before you buy it. - The "Platinum" release is the right one for 3D capabilities.
--

.*. Please, *DFTT* & avoid TOP posting .*.

Stephen Hawking
On Fri, 31 May 2019 08:17:37 -0000 (UTC), Arlen G. Holder wrote:

To give folks an idea of how daunting the selection process is for a newbie, here are just the first 30 freeware CAD programs found on the net...
1. (2D) DraftSight (activated by email, no longer free, paid only) <https://www.3ds.com/products-services/draftsight-cad-software/download-draftsight// 2. (2D) QCAD <https://www.ribbonsoft.com/en/ 3. (2D) LibreCAD <https://librecad.org/ 4. (2D) Draft IT <https://www.cadlogic.com/cad-software-products/draft-it 5. (3D) SketchUp Make <https://www.sketchup.com/download/make?sketchup=make 6. (3D) OnShape <https://www.onshape.com/products/free 7. (3D) FreeCAD <https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/index.php?title=Download 8. (3D) Sweet Home 3D <http://www.sweethome3d.com/download.jsp 9. (3D) TinkerCAD <https://www.tinkercad.com/ 10. (3D) 3D Crafter <http://amabilis.com/downloads/ 11. (3D) Sculptris <https://pixologic.com/sculptris/emails/operating-system.php 12. (3D) OpenSCAD <http://www.openscad.org/ 13. (3D) Blender <https://www.blender.org/download/ 14. (3D) LeoCAD <https://www.leocad.org/download.html 15. AutoCAD (free for students) <https://www.autodesk.co.uk/products/autocad/overview 16. MeshLab <http://www.meshlab.net/ 17. Progesoft CAD <http://www.progesoft.com/en/products/progecad-smart/ 18. Wings3D <http://www.wings3d.com/ 19. Art of Illusion <http://www.artofillusion.org/ 20. 3D Slash <https://www.3dslash.net/index.php 21. NanoCAD <https://nanocad.com/ 22. SketchUP <https://www.sketchup.com/ 23. MeshMixer <http://www.meshmixer.com/ 24. BRLCad <https://brlcad.org/ 25. Fusion 360 Student Version <https://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/students-teachers-educators 26. KiCad EDA <http://kicad-pcb.org/ 27. SculptGL <https://stephaneginier.com/sculptgl/ 28. HeeksCAD <https://sites.google.com/site/heekscad/ 29. DesignSpark <https://www.rs-online.com/designspark/mechanical-software 30. SolveSpace <http://solvespace.com/index.pl
The main question is which do you prefer for mechanical drawings such as this <
https://i.postimg.cc/fTGxCP62/camber01.jpg

And why?
On 31/05/2019 17:40:19... Arlen G. Holder ( snipped-for-privacy@nospam.net) wrote : SNIP First of all, sorry for top posting, but I'll write my comments just afrer your points:

Very good program for 2D mechanical CAD. Very similar to AautoCAD in term of commands and UI. Was my FREE cad on a laptop in the past.

Tested for a while (one week) in the past. Rejected!

A promising project. But very, very unstable! Rejected!

Never checked

The simpliest program for quick 3D drawings. A very simple learning curve. Not the best for mechanical. But really impressive! I have a copy for my quick drafts recommended

Never checked

As already said, a very good free program. for 3D drawings. Very different UI if you are an old AutoCAD user like me! ;) Anyway, I recommend it!

Tested and rejected after a couple of days! Not useful for mechanical drawings.

All of these: never tested

Good for "artistic" 3D modeling and rendering. Not useful for mechanics (IMHO)

Nice to play with it! ;) It's a LEGO cad

Used for years and years! Too expensive now! I went to BricsCAD Anyway is a very good 2D cad. Not the best for 3D. But You can try it, if you are student. It's a standard de-facto!

Never tested

NOT FREE - very similar to AutoCAD / BricsCAD and other low cost dwg native programs (not free) as AviCAD, NanoCAD etc

Never tested

Not useful for mechanical 3D

Never tested

NOT FREE

Very Simple and with a quick learning curve. Optimal. but NOT FREE

Never tested

tester and rejected!

All of these Never tested - some of these are NOT FREE