Harbor Freight hammers

I got it too. Al

Reply to
Alpinekid

snipped-for-privacy@aol.comNOSPAM (Gary Brady) Spaketh Thusly:

Worked fine for me last night, and I just tried it again - still good from here.

-- Bill H. Member VRWC

Molon Labe!

[my "reply to" address is real]
Reply to
Bill

WOrked for me just now. Friday night 926pm Pacific out of time zone.

Martin

Reply to
Eastburn

Fine here yesterday and now. It's you or AOL.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Edwards

worked for me, check your end.

Charly

Reply to
Charly the Bastard

A broken piece of heavy glass makes a great scraper when smoothing and shaping a handle. Most modern bottles are pretty thin, think about an old milk bottle or coke. Sharpening is easy, just break it again.

#################### Keep the whole world singing. . . Dan G (remove the 7)

Grant Erw> Ron, thanks for your comments, and sorry about your injury! Would you

Reply to
Dan G

By the way, of the 3 HF hammers I bought a few weeks ago, all 3 heads have now come off their handles. So like many items made in Cheapistan, they are best regarded as a "kit".

Grant Erw> A broken piece of heavy glass makes a great scraper when smoothing and

Reply to
Grant Erwin

I guess it would but here's an alternative: After reading an article on the wonders of cabinet scrapers, I cut out about a 3 or 4" square from an old circular saw blade (not carbide tipped) with my plasma cutter. I ground and filed the edges nice and clean and square. I then formed the classical burr with a piece of hardened and tempered to straw drill rod. Works great, cost nothing and seems to need re-dressing less often than the article suggested.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Edwards

I use a farriers rasp, rough side to really remove wood and file side to smooth. This may not be smooth enough for some, but sand paper will correct that. Good tool for hot filing as well. Doug Ron, thanks for your comments, and sorry about your injury! Would you

Reply to
da.roberts