Latest threads in ⋐⋒⋐ Computer Numeric Controlshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Mastercam Viewsheets
I'll answer my own question... of course it is. : ( If you knock the cord height for shading down it improves... yet another of hundreds of workarounds needed to use Mastercam "properly". Then you...
1
1

What Wrong With Mastercam Solids?
Mastercam Solids is built on top of an obsolete database / file structure / wireframe and surfacing kernel. Mastercam Solids has seen very little work done to it in over ten years. Mastercam Solids...
3
3

Biggest Issue I Have With Mastercam:
File specific instability problems! Corrupt machining operations that have to be deleted. Going from shaded model to wireframe display starts taking 30 minutes. Solids won't transform and crash...
11
11

Learn about the PLC in your CNC
just a presentation, real-world, hands-on with actual PLCs, learn only = what you will actually use to save your time (more useful knowledge in less= time). But the greatest differentiator of this PLC...

Product liability musings, caveat emptor....
Awl -- Clearly the days of pure caveat emptor (buyer beware) are gone. But are they coming back, to some extent? Proper warnings/labeling/instruction does count ito being held harmless (to some...

I haven't been on this NG for years
It seems to have gone to hell. PLC programming anyone? I'd like to change trades and work in that field. The company that I work for only hires University grads to do their PLC programming. I've been...
3
3

Bridgeport ROMI ez path
I have a problem that looks like I blew a fuze or breaker. Does anyone have a schematic or electrical diagram?

Y axis limit switch died
YCI Supermax Rebel 1. Got it running by switching the two switches inside the housing, now I have no overtravel switch. New switch just arrived so I can fix it for real today. Failure was on Tuesday...
1
1

on topic- Costing in small machine shops
Hello gentlemen, I'm kind of new to this group,and while I notice a lot of non machining talk I'm hoping to get a bit of help. A little back history may help, I have been machining for 30 plus years,...
6
6

House booster pump as coolant pump??
Such as: 3/4 hp Graymills coolant pump, typical in cnc, is almost $500, and puts out 30-35 psi. The HF pump, judging from the total headlift, might be as much as 150 psi (zero flow), and proly 60-90...

Plotter but noCAD software, help needed.
Got a Designmate 3036 pen plotter, works, free (1993 model). Came with Windows 907 driver disc (probably for win 3.1)???? Lots of good pens. Got XP. Got no HPGL/2 CAD software or XP driver....

Couple of Things From Machine Design
What's hot in CAD: article appears under the above article: "The best way to learn 3D modeling? Don?t focus on the software" Steve

Need Cad\Cam package
Ok I need to buy a complete camcad package. I prototype with a small 4axis HAAS mill, a small HAAS lathe, and soon a 3D printer. As a former MasterCam guy I could go that way but because I am a new...
3
3

SprutCAM
Anybody use SprutCAM 7? If you do what do you think of it?

Does anyone still have a working tape punch ?
It's nice to have a punched backup copy of parameters...so much easier to enter them that way... I'd happily pay a small fee for the service.....