Latest threads in ⋐⋒⋐ Computer Numeric Controlshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

The Trend Toward Thread Milling in Hardened Material
I have my newsreader not to crosspost since sometimes I respond to trolls. The posting had an interesting turn to how thread milling could be done on a manual machine. Since both amc and rcm are under...
4
4

Turning 101, need help with new lathe
Still fiquring out the new control, Seimens 840C. It's DOS based PC running DR DOS 6.0. Question is what's the best set-up for drilling holes? I have 3 boring bar holders, 1.500" ID. Use a 3/4"...
5
5

Pseudo-cad?
Awl -- Suppose I have a box, a 6" cube, made from 6 pcs of 1/4" alum, butt-jointed together. No big problem, altho depending on the exact connections, all 6 pcs may not be identical. OK, now suppose...
9
9

Dumb a$$ cnc controls...
Ten years back I used to post to a 5ax a/b head Cinci Lancer with the 2100a control. Slick as snot. Touch off the tools, run (ok, you had set an initial Z grid if you modified the subplate). So, you'd...
5
5

Matchining Paint?
Awl -- Yes indeedy, as in the matchining OF paint. In Steve W's 12/2 response to my 12/1 thread DIY powder coating in rcm, he sez: You asked about spraying hot parts as well. YES you can do that and...

Angle head
We are looking for a very small 90 deg angle head to mostly drill holes inside small pockets. We do have one but it is way to big for the job. It has to go in pockets about 2" wide and 4" long. Don't...
12
12

Compression Cutters
To All: Now here's a real End Mill Flute design I've never seen before - outside of some off-the-wall router bits. It's for cutting composites. A lot of times when cutting composites they tend to...
2
2

Tooling Costs / Budget
Hi All. How do companies set tooling budgets/ control tooling costs? Is a percentage of turnover or gross profit used? Could be based on hrs worked? Just need sum ideas of what is used and what is...
1
1

Are the ways being lubed?
Awl -- Looking for ways to avoid some looming matchining, I was reading shit on the side of le Fadal, you know, the daily, weekly, monthly, yearly label above the disconnect. Under Daily, it says,...
7
7

On Topic: Splines
No, not the CAD kind. I'm talking about splined shafts. Splines are something I've somehow never learned. That's not normally a problem, except that I have something with an ID spine in it, and I need...
12
12

Anyone heard of a Yamazan Lancer Lathe?
Service 800-882-8558
7
7

Hyundai/seimens/hitrol 840c can you help fill in missing words?
I bought the Hyundai lathe from Wisconsin. Just starting to read the books. The "machine tool training manual" looks to be the short version of how to do everthing. However page 1 is missing a piece....
1
1

Modulation-Assisted Drilling
To All: Jim Rowe ( sent me this. Pretty trick idea, if it works as advertised. Although I don't know just how it deals with a rotating turret without the lines getting tangled up. Be sure to check out...
3
3

Machinery Actions soon!
ENTEGRIS, INC. 3500 Lyman Blvd. and 312 Lake Hazetine Dr. in Chaska, Minnesota 55318 OF MAYVILLE, INC. 7055 Caindale Drive in Greensboro, NC 27409 ?FileName=Metalcraft-Day_1-Website_Copy.pdf ALLEN...

Rapid prototyping
Awl -- On PBS's Independent Lens, "Objectified", on the "process of design", some design firm referred to "rapid prototyping", going from cad to prototyped product in an apparent semi- flash. They...
6
6