Latest threads in ⋐⋒⋐ Computer Numeric Controlshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Supplied Voltage -- 208 vs. 240
Awl -- In a thread I started in (1920's wiring), a knowledgeable fellow (Bud) asserted that 208 V/3 ph dominates the country. Yet, I don't believe I have *ever* seen/heard anyone in these two ngs...
24
24

Points to ponder
Think about this: 1. Cows 2. The Constitution 3. The Ten Commandments ------------------------------------------------------------------------ COWS Is it just me, or does anyone else find it amazing...
18
18

any comments on a Hyundai lathe?
Looking at a used Hyundai HIT-18s lathe. 1995 with Siemens control. good/bad? Thank You, Randy Remove 333 from email address to reply.
3
3

#OT# Why/how the industrial revolution -- video clip.
If you have a good internet connection here is a long [c. 1 hour] video clip of a lecture on why the industrial revolution occurred in GB and not China, France, etc. Food for thought in that the wages...
1
1

BRIDGEPORT VMC POWER
HI ALL I'm debateing on getting Bridgeport model INT-412 1990, Full load amps 21, spindel 5.5 KW, 600V 3ph, KA 18 12 tool changer, for $7,500 Canadian I've heard of rotary converters, also single...
1
1

two cents wanted NX7 vs SolidEdge - Whats the diff??
Hi, Please elucidate and illuminate to your harts' contents on the differences, perceived and experienced, between Solid Edge and NX6/7. Will Solid Edge ever be absorbed into NX and offered as NX8...
2
2

VTL
Anyone ever see a vertical lathe (cnc) with a tailstock I need a small one. db

Need replacement for ProComm
OK, we've been using ProComm V4.8 for years. I just had occasion to need to reinstall it on a PC here, and, lo and behold! The sucker ain't compatible with Windows XP! That is, it works OK if it is...
3
3

For Sale Enco Tool and Cutter Grinder
I picked this up recently, and have cleaned it up and tested it. Its this grinder did not come with the centers or the large hand lever on the cross slide wheel. It does not have a coolant pump,...

SolidCam GPP settings for Hurco KMB-1
I'm new to G code and I seem to having a problem getting SolidCam to generate G code in the correct form for arcs on an old Hurco KMB-1. The machine controller seems to want the absolute arc center...

On Topic? Top Fuel Dragster Info.
* One Top Fuel dragster outfitted with a 500 cubic-inch Hemi engine makes more horsepower (8,000 HP) than the first 4 rows at NASCAR's Daytona 500... * Under full throttle, a dragster engine will...
7
7

Surface Grinder question..B&S 618
On the back of the table ways is a group of roller bearings running in a double V.. V on the bottom and a matchin V on the to of the base casting. Are they supposed to be laid in the same...

CAM software Q
is there a prog out there that will import G code and provide a simulated monitor (orjust XYZ) view showing absolute positions. I have a fairly lengthy prog where most data ,especially that in Z, are...
3
3

A useful tip...roll dimensions, checking angles
Roll dimensions. People call it different things, but it's a way of checking angles on a sine plate for location. (DESCRIPTION) The way of checking a part by putting a pin of known diameter (gage,...
12
12

Cast Iron CGI/ADI requirements
Hello, I'm writing a report about "cast iron". Could someone tell me which are the requirements of machine tools (e.g. boring, milling...) and their tools for metalworking cast iron CGI and ADI? Thank...
6
6