Latest threads in ⋐⋒⋐ Computer Numeric Controlshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

How do you make the sharpest chip?
Making purple chips. The edges will be heat treated at 100 rc.
4
4

Run your probe from your cam!
********start******** var#20 = .2500 (input the diameter to probe); var#21 = 1.2500 (input x center); var#22 = 1.2500 (input y center); T20 (gets probe); P1001 (probe X size sub, result in var#1);...
5
5

Superfast Laser
A buddy of mine is the head of a good sized metal shop in my area. His laser cutter is really fast.... holes per minute!
7
7

halogen work light replacement lens
The lens on my work light shattered as I was blowing coolant off the work peice. Bad day yesterday. Where can you get new glass? Light is made by Jarrer in Taiwan. It's 109.37 mm dia and 4.75 mm thick...
2
2

About machines with corner control...
There's machines that lower the feed as needed to hold a location within a tolerance. But....that sux. The reason is the rpm stays the same. I think the reason the rpm doesn't change is mechanics,...
10
10

Lathe chuck jaws...
Awl -- I got a nice-ish Poland 10" 3-jaw chuck, of course with no jaws -- PUL-M10L1ZD, #4673. I want to use this in place of my 5C collet fixtures for the fadal, for bigger diameter rounds. Inybody...
14
14

5C snap handle for fadal rotary....
Awl -- Got one, from it works OK -- the picture you see there is about what I've got, with a longish nose on the rotary. Just a cupla Q's: Yer typical lathe snap handle has this little click lever in...

After a few days of studying chaining....
I now consider UGNX the best chaining software Iv'e ever used. And the best part is, Iv'e only scratched the surface. Solidworks chaining is now obsolete. Mastercam chaining is crayolla crayon driven....
21
21

FS/Blueprint drawers
Im starting to sift through the stuff that I got out of the factory I recently shut down in Anaheim California. Currently Im offering a number of blue print cabinets They will look like these... can...

NEW "chaining" thread....
The last one was a washout. So the new question is...does the system you run chain worth a frig? UG...truth is I can't chain worth a frig with it.....yet. But I bet it blows away ALL other sorry...
2
2

CNC-buffer for data exchange with CNC machine
CNC-buffer is the pocket electronic device providing with the functions of NC programs storing (from a PC or a NC) and transferring (to a NC or a PC). It=92s equipped with 3 types of interfaces...

HEIDENHAIN iTNC 530 Tap Cycle Help Conversational Format
Hi, Will someone post or email some programming example of a tap cycle. Specifically CYCL DEF 209 TAPPING W/ CHIP BRKG but 207 or 206 floating would be a big help. I don't get an alarm, but I also...
26
26

Thread on chaining...
Does your cam system chain worth a frig, and do you have any tips for making it work, like using plane masks, etc... The best chainer ive used was solidworks, and the worst, so far is UG believe it or...
9
9

G Arc codes
just seeking reassurances. A typical and simple arc in the XY plane would be something thus. % G21 G00 G40 G54 G90 X0 Y0 Z100 F1000 S1000 M03 G00 X0 Y50 Z10 M08 G01 Z-3 G02 G17 X0 Y-50 I0 J-50 (as G90...
3
3

Mitsubishi HA80 CS Servo Motor- Which drive to use
Dear All. greetings. I have 2 Servo motors Mitsubishi HA80 CS on my Rotary /Tilting table, that I bought Used. There are no Drives; I wish to request learned forum members if they know which Drive can...