Latest threads in ⋐⋒⋐ Computer Numeric Controlshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Form tapping tungsten?
Can you form tap tungsten? I need to put a #6 tap into the edge of a plate, and would rather form it than cut it.
11
11

How do you store your raw stock?
I just made a new stock rack. Old rack had angled arms for round stock, that was a PITA, stock would always roll together and make it a bitch to get the peice in the middle or back out. New rack has...
31
31

I need another couple of inches....
Awl -- ...... in the X and Y travel on my Fadal 3016. Is there a setting I can change to squeeze out a little more travel? Even 1/2" could be helpful in some situations.
2
2

Looking for Mazak Slant Turn 15 universal 1000 ladder diagram
__!__ -----o----- " " ------------------------------------- Hi all I am looking for a Mazak Slant Turn 15 Universal 1000 electrical wiring Diagram (ladder Diagram). Is there anyone could send me a...
3
3

Siemens PLM Software webcast
Maximizing Part Manufacturing Efficiency Siemens PLM Software Maximizing Part Manufacturing Efficiency In this Webcast, we will discuss and demonstrate five key requirements to a successful part...

Qualcomm and ISO certification
I'm curious, How can Qualcomm maintain it's ISO certification, with an IDIOT running loose in the shop? Recently said Idiot went to great lengths to announce to the world how he obtained used,...
11
11

Maximum RPM for 1.5" dia aluminum bar stock on Daewoo Puma
Now that I have a working program (thanks guys), I'm trying to reduce my cycle time. I'm running about 1000 fpm for my tools (all carbide, indexable or solid drills) and flood coolant. The machine has...
3
3

SS, Alloy, nickel bar stock for sale. north Jersey
I hope someone on the group finds this useful. I got this in my email, thought I'd pass it on. I have never heard of Fry steel. Later this month we will be conducting an auction of a small aerospace...
3
3

mastercam for dummies
I have some mechanical design experience in gear and fa brication.. I've been given the opportunity to pick up MasterCAM and learn it over a few weeks. Is such software to create tool paths useful for...
1
1

Production Machining Vs. Prototype Machining
No matter how much money is spent on high-end equipment for production machining (5th axis, horizontals with pallet pools, probes, high end CADCAM (Vericut, NX, etc.) is this really a market that will...
39
39

First blush review of Solid Edge video tutorials from private guy in Ozz.
I decided to try SE because I was hitting too many stone walls, bugs and arcane complexities with IV, for my taste, others might not find that a problem... but i was dropped on my head as a small...
2
2

Using an Outside Micrometer
When I think about it Tom Brewer reminds me of Earl Scheib. Both have been in the business forever and both still no clues on what real quality is. "Riiight, "I'll tell anyone how to run their...
13
13

Confused cam is confused?
Sounds like a dear abby subject line... I make a program. And record the time on the setup sheet. The guys laugh and tell me I'm way off. WTF? Feedrate is damn feedrate? The total length times the...
8
8

CAM option request...
Connecting cuts over open areas, across open ends, etc... Some cam systems do this, but it's usually hard to find, mostly because it's usually described in the help files as a tolerance ignore. And...
12
12

Check Out SolidCAM's New iMachining
Banquer San Diego, CA http://jonbanquer.wordpress.com/check-out-solidcams-new-imachining/