Latest threads in ⋐⋒⋐ Computer Numeric Controlshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Best Place To Learn How To Machine Gears?
Banquer San Diego, CA http://tinyurl.com/kncnrw

Siemens NX 6 Implementation of ST
Banquer San Diego, CA http://www.acuityinc.com/pdfs/Why%20Synchronous%20Technology%20Matters.pdf
2
2

Solid Edge With ST Video Tutorials
"I am so convinced that you will benefit from our Solid Edge video tutorials that I would like to offer you a unique 60-day, 100% Money Back Guarantee. If for some reason you are not completely...
7
7

Dynabrade jitterbugs, scotchbrite, alum
Awl -- My buddy brought over a palm-type air random orbital sander, with a relatively small rectangular footprint of 3 x 4.25", with a velcro/"hook'n'loop" type base. No internal/external vacuum....
5
5

Fadal as a tapping head -- rigid, of course
Awl -- or, 3/8-24 saga.... My buddy had a job that required two tapped holes, one a 3/8-16, the other a 3/8-24, through 6061, a 5/16 wall or so. The problem was, all his tapping heads were broke, and...
6
6

Emco Repair?
Is anyone here, or does anyone know of a good person who can repair Emco Machines? I have an Emco 320 that is having backlash issues, and I think the ballscrews or something in it need to be replaced,...
1
1

CNC Training - For Real! (I hope)
Are you going to teach them how to fail at business ventures like you have with your drill sharpening machine? Are you going to teach them to wrap themselves in the flag like you do? Are you going to...
126
126

fANUC 1OT control, any thoughts...
. So whats a 10T? From what I've read and seen, a very good control.
1
1

Can any cam system do this?
When your running a cam system thats associative, and other people are involved you want the part to be able to update if changed. Problem is then you can't move the damn thing or the associativity...
44
44

Bar Puller Macro
Control is a 0-TC. I need a nudge on writing a macro for a bar puller. Control has no G54-G59 or G10 only G50. MacroB is present Parts are typically .300 thick and makes about 5-10 befor pulling the...
3
3

Fanuc 18i Daewoo Puma with live spindle and subspindle g-code proof read.
As a tool breaker, setup/programming CNC lathes is but a distant memory from college before my apprenticeship. I have been charged with programming a Daewoo Puma 200 with C-axis, live tool and 2nd...
13
13

IBAG SKI holders
Anyone have a line on SKI 30 mill holders for IBAG retrofited spindles? We have some Rigid impeller machines with these proprietary spindle holder combos. IBAG wants... A LOT! -- Bill

I found a bug!
In NX5! Yes sir I did! The first one. When I cut a series of lines not on the same plane it goes bazerk using profile cut. I was picking out a corner so I used the intersection as a cut with cutter...

buzzardnest has been handed off...
To the samari. Give it some time to get back up. And if it's better..well...I'm just a damn machinist, what do ya expect? Should run faster, chances are he's not running it from a budget version 2005...
1
1

G-Code help, 4th axis
I'm trying to make a CAM. 3" OD pc of steel, with a 3/4" wide slot, .5 deep. I figured I could use an undersized endmill (.611 tbe) and post out a path for center, left and right.. It didn't work as...
4
4