Latest threads in ⋐⋒⋐ Computer Numeric Controlshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Fixturing square tapered legs
Awl -- Starting material: 2" sq alum, about 8" long, symmetrically tapered to about a 1x1 sq, which my calc tells me is only about 3.6 deg (arctan 0.5/8). Seems to me the easiest way to do this is to...
3
3

Corner Rads
Question for the group actually related to machining If a person was to create a formed file for knocking .015 to .06 corner rads on carbide and HSS end mills would anyone be interested in trying this...
8
8

Getting stuff Anodized.....
Awl -- Yeah, not doing it myself, but I would like to be better prepared, to appear less of my normally rube-ish self, as I start the procuring process. I'll be anodizing 1" x 12" rounds w/ tapped...
8
8

Drill Drift
Awl -- How does a drill drift in x,y, with drill depth? I would like to drill four 5/16 holes through a series of 1/4" alum plates (actually wide 6061 or 6063 bar), where the holes must line up later...
8
8

Carbide Pedestal / Bench Grinders
Baldor makes a 510 which they claim has a max of .002 run out and is for diamond wheels. Should this unit just be used for finishing? Baldor makes a 500 which they say should be use for roughing...
43
43

WTB- two 6" 2 jaw chucks
Need to have 4' camlock backs. Same as Hardinge. Need to be in good shape for use on a pair of CNC lathes. Jaws will be edm'd to shape. Microcentrics could work..maybe. Gunner 805-732-5308

Kennedy Versa Cart Modification Update
Ordered PEM MaxTite blind hole threaded inserts and the tool to install them. Banquer San Diego, CA http://www.pennfast.com/fastening_products/atlas/maxtite.html
1
1

Place to look up CNC machine alarms and find CNC error code troubleshooting tips
Just wanted to share a website to look up CNC machinery alarms and to find tips on troubleshooting specific errors codes.
1
1

Drill Sharpeners
The only one I've ever used is my Darex M5. I purchased the unit when I lived in Phoenix because a shop I worked for was drilling a lot of weldments and I got tired of using beat to "s" drills. After...
45
45

pullmax dmc 212
Hello I'am looking for electrical schematics of the pullmax dmc212 nibbler we are a school in belgium and we bought this cnc machine on an oction but now we have troubles with the i/o card (apk-2b)...

Costco/"Worksmith" 115 drill bit sets saga
Awl -- Some Qs came up some time ago regarding these drill sets, with most comments being pretty favorable (including my own), esp considering the price: $20-39, TiN coated, etc. 135 deg point (above...
23
23

Hydraulics Q
Awl -- My buddy had a custom hydraulic press built, for a job he runs, pressing grills together. Imagine an "A" frame press, except the "bed" consists of a cast iron drill press table. iow, the ram...
17
17

Replaceable Tip Drills
To All: Here's a vid from Tool & Cutter Engineering concerning the ease of changing out replaceable drill tips - without removing tool holders and/or resetting Z offsets. And here is a coolant...
5
5

Seals for Rodless cylinder ?
I have a rodless cylinder on the SMW barfeeder. The seals are completely shot where the cable enters the ends of the cylinder. The price for the seals from "Them" is around $400. For a few small O-...
15
15

Vintage Machine drawing Design machinery manual 1920
Machine Drawing and Design For Beginners 1920 by Henry J Spooner, a little wear to covers,otherwise a good sound format, 266 pages. Really useful and highly technical manual on machine and machine...