Latest threads in ⋐⋒⋐ Computer Numeric Controlshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Followup -- How do you test a DC servo motor
OK, thanks to all. I tested all six. I was told about one of them that it was bad, so I marked it with a sad face, just so that I do not forget which was the faulty one. There were four Fanuc 6L DC...
33
33

How do you test a DC servo motor
I have several 3 hp DC fanuc servos, which I want to test for basic operation. Any idea what I can quickly do to spin them up. One connector is four big pins, another is many small pins. I assume that...
8
8

Are Your Retention Knobs Too Tight?
To All: Here are some excerpts from a MMSOnline article: =========================================================== Knob Problem The retention knob is an unmistakably critical component of the...
25
25

Vee Fixtures: angle of V?
Awl -- For holding rounds, in particular multiple V's in soft 30" jaws, for holding rounds in Z. The rounds will be anywhere from 5/16 x 3/4", to 1 x 2". Basically the fixture will be in a "T", with...
14
14

Inspection Tools
transfer stand, amplifier, probe and crystal pink tri-square are new. It's hard to see but their is an Indi-Square in the rear. Sorry no cheap, Chinese Kurt knock off vises for those who are use to...
29
29

Cold trawn material for swiss type
I remember seeing adds for companies who supply cold drawn bars to tolerances compatible with Swiss type machines, but I can't recall any names. Anyone know of any? Thanx, -plh
12
12

Mist Collector Installation Tips
Link to an American Machinist article on installing mist collectors on machines: an aside American Machinist continues to shrink in size. This issue was a whopping 45 pages. Best, Steve

If your using mastercam...
Beg your boss to buy ug! There's no comparison whatsoever. If you own the place...stick with whatever you have. Spend your money on machines, people and R&D. Make America stronger by making your...
14
14

For Gear Heads - Tractor Bang
Notice what happens to the engine block: http://www.truveo.com/tractor-bang/id/3635852098
11
11

Manufacturing Orders Rose in April
To All: Here are some excerpts from an article in Cutting Tool Engineering: ====================================================== May 28, 2009 In a sign that business investment may be stabilizing,...
25
25

Refractometers
Awl -- Apropos of the recent threads on coolant, what's a typical/decent refractometer to buy? Not to buy? $$? In some threads a while back, some mentioned difficulty using them with dirty coolant...
12
12

Learn How To Market Your CADCAM Product Properly Or Lose Money... Lots Of Money
do you correct this situation? See the most successful CAM-centric blog on the Internet for what I've suggested. For advise on using cheap Chinese Kurt knock off vises read Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
16
16

Universal Drive CAT40 Adapter?
Looking for a CAT40 adapter that simply has a shank or drive of some sort hanging out of it... Don't want to put a drive into a collet-type system so much unless I can also clamp to something around...

OT :Transparent Parts??
I have a customer whose mech engineer want to make some of their product bodies transparent for display part is usually 6061 and is a gearbox assm about a 6in thought was plexiglass or...
4
4

Dualsaw - any comments?
Looks kinda cool? |||/ (o o) ______.oOO-(_)-OOo.____________________ ~ Gil ~ the HOLDZEM=A9=AE king The leading source brandable domain names. Competitive prices. Excellent service. Get your domain...